On arrival, you're greeted with a bright and airy reception with a Starbucks for those coffee lovers.
Check-in: Receptionist extremely pleasant however for a Friday evening with a big event happening, one person on the desk is not enough to deal with everything. Room: Clean, tidy but basic. Had more or less everything you'd require. Bed was extremely comfortable. The bed was on wheels so had a tendency to move on its own which can sometimes be a little disconcerting! The shower was very powerful and very hot which was lovely. TV: basic channels, the Village channel could do with upgrade as regards picture quality, it would be nice for the channels to match up with the numbers in the room TV guide. Function room: the bar crowded very quickly, forming a bottleneck at the entrance due to too much clutter (tables and chairs) heaven knows what would have happened had there been a fire!
Breakfast: was a good selection of cereals, fruits with the obligatory cooked breakfast with toast, etc. All very tasty. It was a very busy Saturday morning and I think the staff may have struggled to keep up with the large numbers of people and food availability. Good choice of tables however, for two persons or larger groups. Waiting staff very pleasant.
Can't comment on the spa facilities as I didn't use them but I did observe that they were very popular, judging by the amount of people going in and coming out.
The hotel could do with some better signage from the motorway and the road outside. It would be very easy to drive straight past the entrance, as I did!
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales