We went for a spa package this weekend.
Spa - the treatment rooms were nicely done. Unfortunately there was only a small space to sit which was always full up. The toilets needed updating and lacked cleanliness which seems to be a comment theme in the hotel! There was no spa area for relaxing or a separate jacuzzi, pool, changing rooms etc. so you ended up walking back and forth and loosing any relaxed feeling you might have. The staff were excellent though and made up for the short falls.
Pool area - busy, dated, dirty and no where to sit. We were booked on a spa day but there is no spa to have a day in. Your expected to use the main pool which is overrun by screaming kids etc. NOT relaxing or a spa day at all! It was more like a normal hotel then popping along for a massage. It is NOT a spa day or experience it just has treatment rooms and a sitting area. Everything was a little dirty and just lacking finish. £10 deposit for a dressing gown which was rough and thin and no slippers so you ended up walking bare foot in dirt to get back and forth through the pool turn styles.
Rooms - they were OK but just dirty not cleaned properly the bathroom needed a desperate up date no toiletries and again just a bit grubby and worn. No hot water for a shower though and their toilets don't seem to ever want to flush anywhere in the hotel!
Restaurant - food was excellent and the service was flawless every-time and seemed to be the only clean area (except the greasy plates)
Staff - FANTASTIC!
Overall - not a spa, they are treatment rooms so felt ripped off by the mis marketing. Place needed a deep clean and facilities in dire need of updating. Fine to stay as a stop off but not for a luxury or spa trip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales