I stayed here 1 night on business this week. Room was one of the nicer ones I have had- clean and spacious. I only used the pool and sauna while staying and I was impressed that they had swimming lanes cordoned off and the facilities where perfectly clean and we'll maintained with friendly staff. I ate in the restaurant - food was good and service was quick and friendly. Breakfast in the morning was fairly limited however and I had to work out where this was myself as receptionist failed to let me know but no probs finding this . I only have a number of grumbles on the hotel- noise! I stayed on first floor and during the night it sounded like shutters being pulled down - this wouldn't normally bother me at all but seemed to go on forever - as I got out of bed to call reception it stopped. Not pleasant after travelling all day being woken by this at all. I like certain things in my room- mainly a manual that gives me the basic details- what time food is served where, gym opening times etc, this wasn't there or at least I couldn't find it! And lastly check out! In a hotel this size which caters for business travel I don't believe there should be a Line of people wanting to check out- bills should be printed and ready to go!! I waited upwards of 10 mins- where people are in a rush this for me is unacceptable - also why charge for credit cards- although clearly stated on website so you can't grumble I believe this is unacceptable when you consider the money that is being spent by the average patron. Overall I would stay here again but ask for a room away from shutters or whatever that noise was
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales