Easy to find location of hotel. Plenty of spaces to park car. Check in was quick and easy - directed straight to our room and given information about times i.e. swimming pool, breakfast etc.
Room had a slight smell when we first walked in , but didnt let this put us off. Room was clean and stocked with tea and coffee. Receptionist on at this particular time was lovely, really friendly advised us on where to eat locally and wanted to talk very bubbly and was nice to have this during our evening. Returned from meal out and ordered a drink, very expensive for a coke and beer, so ended up having only one round. As we sat in reception area, it was constantly having people walking through to get the gym. Lack of signs in the hotel - to find toilets - swimming pool etc.
Beds were comfy although pillows were very bumpy and struggled to settle on these.
On waking in the morning we decided to go for a swim - unfortunately our door would not lock, which meant we had to leave stuff in our room and carry valuable things down stairs to the swimming area with us. If we would have called the reception (which we couldnt find number for ) we could have been waiting ages. Swimming pool very clean and quiet, although lacks signs to help new people like us to find their way around. Very miserable life guard (if that is who she was - sat at the edge of the pool) Not once did she smile.
Then after swimming we decided to go to and have our breakfast. Quick to be seated by a happy friendly member of staff, who quickly sorted and explained the procedure for breakfast. Nice food and not too crowded, although it would be nice to see people use the tongs provided instead of their hands.
On return to our room to pack - room still wasnt locked, which I wasnt very happy about as cleaners/people walking by could have seen it wasnt locking. Luckily I took all valuable things with us. On leaving the hotel we returned our key and were met with a smile from another member of staff.
All in all it is a basic hotel and would not stay any longer than a night here. More signs are needed, better communication - reception number displayed and the life guard needs to cheer up!
We did enjoy our night away and had it not have been for the lady on reception, the clean room and the welcoming breakfast staff I dont think we would have
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales