We recently stayed at this hotel whilst visiting family. Firstly, the hotel looked lovely on entering reception. Jeremy who checked us in was lovely and welcoming. A good first impression.
However, things went downhill from there. We were told that the room was on the first floor but getting to it was definitely an experience. The hotel is very disjointed and we had to walk along one corridor, down a single flight of stairs then along another corridor and up another flight of stairs.
The first corridor we passed looked lovely, clean with thick carpets. However, this wasn't our floor. The section of hotel we were in was tired, with the loudest, squeakiest floorboards you have ever heard, even squeaking when turning over in bed. Not great for a light sleeper like myself. There was barely any soundproofing either so if anyone walked along the corridor either outside or above you it was a nightmare.
Breakfast came with our room rate so we made our way down to the restaurant. There are definitely not enough staff for how busy the hotel was on the weekend we were there and the staff were running round like headless chickens. However, they remained cheerful and smiley throughout. The food was of a poor quality with extremely fatty bacon and scrambled eggs that looked green and unedible so I stuck to toast for the duration.
The Village Hotel will definitely not be top of the list for a return visit but should I return I will definitely be paying for the upgrade to "Upper Deck" or asking for a refurbished room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales