The Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 junction 32 where the A470 crosses.
Most guests would probably arrive by car and there is a large free car park available.
Without a car you could probably catch the bus or take a taxi, but be aware that it's about 5 miles to the centre of Cardiff.
My room was on the first floor and was clean and well equipped. Freeview television, Free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee facilities with an iron and floor mounted fan. No air-con but the windows open a small way and over the two nights I was there, Thursday and Friday, there wasn't any noticeable noise.
The service in the Victory bar was good, drinks prices were higher than pubs though at £3.10 for a pint of Strongbow but the food was reasonable at around £10 for a burger meal. The Friday night promotion of a burger and fries for £2 when bought with a drink was well worth it.
Guests can use the leisure facilities free of charge. They give you a towel in the leisure centre reception and then its a refundable £1 coin for the lockers in the changing rooms.
I didn't sample the breakfast menu as I had to leave too early.
All in all, a good stay. I would say that you do need a car if you choose to stay here or your travelling costs will soon mount up. For what I wanted, an out of centre hotel with free parking and wi-fi, it certainly met my expectations. The pool was an added bonus.
All the staff I met were friendly and I would happily reccomend this hotel.
If you need a quiet room I would mention this at the time of booking as the hotel do specialise in theme nights and from other reviews it would seem that some rooms are closer to the function room than others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales