“Parking a nightmare” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Parking a nightmare”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Don't go if you have a car. We arrived and drove into a narrow concrete passage to be met by a closed metal grill and an intercom. The intercom connected to the front desk and I was told the car park was full and to reverse and park in the shopping centre car park. The hotel is on a 3 lane busy junction and I didn't feel happy about reversing onto this road on a Saturday afternoon and asked if the grill could be opened so i could turn round in the car park. No was the answer it was too full - by this time another car had trapped me in I could neither go forward or back! To cut a long story short eventually I had to park in the John Lewis car park opposite the hotel which seems quite close but unless you enter or leave by the no pedestrian access car route is a significant walk through the shopping centre with your luggage.

I will never never drive to this hotel again . Also if you want a gym this is not for you. The fitness suite is just 4 cardio vascular machines in a small sweaty room I was up at 6.30 and just 2 of us overwhelmed the air conditioning

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry that you had problems with parking upon your arrival and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention, and for your feedback about our gym.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further, or if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by email: jens.hallman@radissonblu.com

Jens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights and was impressed with the whole package. Check in was slightly slow and a queue was forming. Other than that on the 4th floor my room was brilliant. Very large and with a great sized double bed. The room felt modern, fresh and was well kitted out with LCD TV , sofas and accessories. The bath for such a nice room was small and hung over a bath. I'm not too tall yet the shower head was nearly hitting me on the head. Breakfast was very nice and the atmosphere in the hotel was controlled and serious.
The location was great as I walked 15mins across the city centre from the train station to the hotel with no worries.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LeLag
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We always like to hear about the experiences of our guests.

I am delighted that you were impressed with the room and that you enjoyed our Super Buffet Breakfast. I am also pleased that you found our city centre location convenient. Thank you for your feedback about the check in process and the shower.

We would love to see you again during your next visit to Cardiff.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Guest rooms are nicely appointed with modern baths. Breakfast buffet offers traditional Welsh fare, pastries, breads, and fruit. Staff attends to requests promptly and with thoroughness. Hotel is on the south side of City Center with John Lewis and St David's mall, as well as bus stops (to Wales Millennium Centre/Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quat, right across the street. Caroline Street, home to the best chip shops, is very close, as is the Queen Street pedestrian mall.

Room Tip: ask for away from the elevators as to be at one end of the floor. the hotel is oriented with east...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank David P
Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We're always interested in hearing from our guests to find out more about their experiences.

It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay and I am delighted that you were pleased with the rooms, our Super Buffet Breakfast and our staff. I am also pleased that you found our central location to be convenient.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Cardiff and would love to see you again in the near future.

Oulunsalo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I spent some nights in Radisson Blu Cardiff in April 2012. The hotel is located within a short walking distance from the train station and is thus easily accessible. Lots of bars and restaurants lay nearby and a big mall just opposite (thus didn't visit that one).

The hotel is excatly what you expect from Radisson Blu, it's modern and has all the amenities you need. Breakfast is quite good with reasonable amount of choises, there's a good service of free wifi and rooms are nice and spacious. The building is quite new and there's nothign to complain about.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NikoFinland
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Hello Niko, thank you so much for your recent review, I was really pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of our location during your stay.

Thank you too for your feedback regarding the hotel amenities and especially our Super Buffet breakfast which is always popular with guests.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Cardiff

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We booked 2 twin rooms for a girly weekend. We weren't expecting brilliance as we got a really good deal however we were pleasantly surprised.
Only two teeny weeny gripes;
We asked for twin beds but got doubles and the lift was a tad slow at times.
We would however recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in Cardiff

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Gromitjo
Hello, thank you so much for your review, I was delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and provide you with a great value, high quality stay.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the beds, we would have been able to fix this for you during your stay if you had asked us, sorry that you felt the lifts were slow.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Cardiff

midleton cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Check in fast and friendly. Ased for high uo room and got it. Large rooms, clean, comfy bed, modern bathroon, shower in bath (prefer seperate). Room service food good. Car park expensive at 15 pounds a night and we stayed 4 nights! I know the hotel will say its competitive for the area but its expensive full stop. The hotel fire alarm sounded at 10am one morning and at 7am another morning waking us (I know thats what they are for!) But no apology was offered. A simple note in both lifts would have covered that off but this was not though of.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 18 or above and a room facing the bay not the rail station.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello, thank you very much for your recent review, I was really pleased that we managed to find you a room on one of our higher floors with a great view. Thank you for your feedback regarding the room and the bathroom too.

I also appreciate your feedback regarding the parking, we do believe that this represents great value when compared with other car parks nearby. You also have the convenience of being right next to the hotel itself.

Thank you also for understanding the importance to us of guest safety during fire drills, I'm sorry that you feel we did not apologise for this, I will discuss your feedback with other managers to see if we can improve upon this.

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

A small group of us have just stayed at this hotel for a weekend. The location is excellent for shopping, the train station and nightlife. We booked bed only as we went across the road to John Lewis for breakfast which cost much less. Our room (1605) had an adjoining room which was not locked off and were were able to walk right through! Staff did fix this immediately. Our aircon/heating in the room was noisy and clicked all the time. Also no biscuits with the tea and coffee facilities. Bathroom was lovely and big and the shower was beautiful, it was good to have an iron in the room, but we struggled to find a plug for the hairdryer near a mirror. The room was nice a quiet with good views. We did not eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on that. Staff were all nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trumpton_8
Hello, thank you very much for your recent review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the room facilities and the views, thank you for letting us know about the adjoining room being unlocked and allowing us to fix this.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the air conditioning & the lack of biscuits, I'm just sorry that we never had an opportunity to resolve this for you during your stay.

I've asked our housekeeping team to investigate the issue with the plug and mirror and report back to me.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Cardiff