2,693 results
All reviews business class john lewis business room car park free movies city centre junior suite nespresso machine train station standard room motorpoint arena floor to ceiling windows corner room top floor lovely hotel few minutes walk would stay again
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Modern high rise hotel. Very elegantly furnished with excellent modern styled well-equipped rooms. Bathroom quite luxurious. Free use of safe, tea and coffee facilities. True FREE WiFi - what a change! We stayed for one night as part of a reunion. The dinner was good but bit over spicy with limited choice. Drinks were expensive - as usual for this type of hotel. Breakfast was very good with a full choice of cooked breakfast. However we failed to track down the fried eggs. Probably didn't ask the right person. Reception desk was a bit chaotic with no real system and express check out didn't happen. Good for an overnight stay but we had it on a reduction for our event. Could be expensive for the casual traveller. Very convenient location for visiting the excellent shopping centres of Cardiff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. You have mentioned some great aspects of the hotel including our complimentary Wi-Fi which offers up to 100MB connection for our guests. Also, our great location in the city being so close to the shopping areas and many local attractions.

I do hope you will dine with us again as we have a great selection of banqueting menus available for dinner events such as the one you attended. We do offer preferential rates for guests who are attending an event with us but please do regularly check our hotel website for the latest offers for your next stay in Cardiff - http://www.radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-cardiff

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your super buffet breakfast. Our eggs can be made to order to ensure our offerings are always fresh for our guests.

I am surprised to hear that you found the reception desk chaotic. I will address this with my team to see how to resolve this as it is important that our guests have a enjoyable experience throughout their stay.

I do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before the Cardiff Half Marathon and considering it was a weekend with a major event on the room was very reasonably priced that was our reason for staying. We have stayed once before and our only bad experience was with the pillows (the were incredibly hard) remembering this we brought out own with us, but the pillows seem to have been replaced since then which is good! Lovely rooms with all requirements catered for. Disappointing that parking isn't free, we opted for the NCP down the road which is much cheaper at £5 for 24hrs. Cannot comment on breakfast as it wasn't included.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay. I hope that you enjoyed the big event day in the city. I may have even ran amongst you on the day as myself and my colleagues participated in the half marathon to raise money for our chosen charities (Variety and Childhood) as part of our Responsible Business month.

I am pleased to say that we have purchased new pillows following guest feedback so it is great to hear that you enjoyed them on your recent stay. Our spacious bedrooms contain all you require for a night away from home, from air conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi to a mini-fridge available for your own personal use.

Please do try our super buffet breakfast on your next stay with us. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant! Reception staff friendly and informative. Room was comfortable and spacious with a Nespresso machine (happy days for a caffeine freak lol). Bar service was friendly and quick - although drink prices a bit steep!

Business breakfast was AMAZING!!! Treated like royalty with a wide range of food :) Waitress very friendly!

All in all, a fantastic stay and would certainly come back again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dreamer135935

An amazing five star review! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments of your stay for others It is great to hear that our reception staff were accommodating during your stay. I am very proud of our team and your kind words will be passed back on to the them.

The convenience of Nespresso coffee machines are available in all our Business Class and Junior suites. It is a great perk for our guests and highly rated!

Our newly launched Business Class breakfast overlooks into the city with a dedicated host and a wide selection of special breakfast options in an exclusive private area.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on a business trip. Checked in quickly and easily. Was a nice touch having the welcome screen on and music playing on the tv when entering the room which was clean, roomy and comfortable. Tea/coffee facilities well stocked and plenty of soft clean towels in the lovely spacious bathroom. Did not dine here in the evening but had a couple of drinks in the bar, bit pricey but staff were friendly. Morning breakfast was good with plenty of variety and good choices, just the thing to keep me going for the long working day ahead. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Starlingo

Thank you for your five out of five review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel during your business stay with us. There is nothing better than a simple check in and a nice welcome feel to your 'home from home' for the night. Our bathrooms are spacious and contain great amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Please do try our Filini restaurant overlooking in to the city on your next visit with us. There are always great deals for dining with us such as our Amazing Grazing menu offering two courses for only £15.95.

You can't beat our super buffet breakfast to start a long working day. One of the best in the city!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

In theory, my one night stay at this hotel - on a business trip - should have been a good experience. Radisson Blu hotels look funky and appear to offer better service and facilities than competing chains at the top end of the budget hotel market.

There's some work to do here, though. I found one of the reception staff rather surly; I, along with another guest, was queuing at the reception desk when one of the positions became free. Instead of dealing with the guests who were queuing, the receptionist ignored us and started talking to another guest who had wandered over to ask about changing the TV channel in the bar. Not an auspicious start. I mentioned it to the individual's colleague, who checked me in, but felt that a reasonable comment about rudeness (reception is where the first impression is made) was brushed aside.

I met my colleague in the bar, pre dinner, and ordered us some drinks. When I attempted to charge the cost to my account, the barman told me that it wouldn't be possible because reception had forgotten to take a swipe of my credit card! I did notice this at check in, but thought, "Oh well. They obviously trust their guests not to run off without paying, like a good hotel". Not so. No credit card swipe, no means of paying. Because we were eating at the hotel I didn't want to have to cart my handbag down to the bar, so it looked as if I'd have to take the lift up to my room on the 17th floor to collect my purse. Luckily my colleague happened to have some money about him. This sort of thing is just amateurish, and we weren't amused; reception hadn't swiped his credit card either.

Dinner was better than I expected, but some of the dishes were rather overpriced; my squid rings were nice but £8 for six little squid rings on a bed of wilted lettuce is ambitious pricing, to say the least.

The next morning, the biggest problem with this hotel became apparent. It's a big hotel, arranged over 21 floors, and there are two small lifts to serve the entire hotel. Two! I waited more than ten minutes on my way to breakfast, and when the lift did arrive it was so full that I had to ask the occupants to breathe in. One girls, who was late for a meeting after waiting 15 minutes for a lift down to the ground floor, told me that she'd walked up sixteen floors on the way back from breakfast after giving up on ever getting a lift.it's just not good enough; who would stay in a hotel that you had to wait ages to leave?

Next time I'm in Cardiff, I'll stay somewhere else. The redeeming features were that the public rooms were nice and the bathrooms were OK. The room decor was a bit rum; I think it was supposed to look eclectic, but the carpet and soft furnishings looked as if they came from an older style of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments in regards to our reception staff will be addressed with the team as it is very important to us that all our guests are warmly greeted on arrival.

I am sad to hear your experience in our Filini Bar and restaurant was not favourable. Further training will be provided to ensure all the correct procedures on check in are met so that all our guests enjoy their stay with us.

In the morning, our lifts are heavily used over prime breakfast time so we do advise our guests to avoid these periods if possible to avoid congestion of our lifts.

Your comments are much appreciated as we will be able to address the matters in hand and improve our service and product moving forward.

I do sincerely hope that you will come and try us again in the near future.