“Excellent Stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have jus spent 3 days in this hotel, started with a budget room which was very roomy and comfortable- no gripes at all but were moved due to the tv going into a business class room, which was similar with added extras for those who paid the extra, to be honest very satisfied with the first room, rooms clean tidy and comfortable, staff at reception very nice and welcoming, we had a drink in the bar and the same again, only gripe was it would have been nice to check in earlier than 3 pm but I suppose this was the condition of our booking, would have been nice to have more than 1 sachet of chocolate to save fighting over in the evening and maybe leave the shampoo off and provide a shower or bubble bath, but if this is how the hotel is fine and we would stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your great comments and choosing to stay with Radisson Blu for your time in Cardiff. It is great to hear that you found our staff welcoming and bedrooms clean and comfortable. This is the essence of our hotel so it's fantastic that you experienced this with us. Our check in time is 3pm but please do contact us on the day as we are sometimes able to allow an early check in at no extra charge, dependent on availability. Our 'Yes I Can' attitude within our hotel runs throughout the Radisson Blu brand. Our One Touch serivce available from the comfort of your bedroom would have alerted our team available 24/7 to bring you any extra amenities you may have required during your stay with us.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Jens

Write a ReviewReviews (2,480)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed here a couple of weeks back, amazing service from the moment we stepped through the door to the moment we left!

Location was perfect as we were meeting friends on Mill Lane around the corner before we went the rugby! Shame about Wales losing but the weekend was great nevertheless!!

Will definitely be back when next up for the rugby!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

What a great 5 star review based on a rugby weekend stay with us! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. It is fantastic to hear that you experienced great service during your stay with us. We are perfectly located to venture over to the local bars/restaurants in the city and of course Millenium Stadium.

I look forward to welcoming you back for the next rugby games if not before.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Lots of plus points. Extremely close to the city centre and if arriving by train, also easily walkable from the station. Across the road from John Lewis. Reception and bar not the most palatial but warm welcome. Room rate very good + room was very pleasant. View non descript. Pillows on the bed were some of the best I've ever had in a hotel. What didn't work? The service in the restaurant was average at best. Nice starter - Squid; very average pasta main course; and pleasant doughnuts for pud. But firstly the chap next to me, although arriving after me, was served first. Not a major issue but one thing that really annoys me is sitting after having eaten my main course with an empty plate in front of me for 20 minutes. Worse still , watching the restaurant staff endlessly going back to the kitchen with hands empty. Just look around you guys. I was happy to sit but please clear up my plate. It was reasonably busy but it was only the small mezzanine area so there were no more than 7-8 tables being worked. Restaurant staff in the morning were more attentive. Tip - I parked in John Lewis car park. I'm not into reviewing car parks but this must be one of the best underground car parks going. Heaps of space and really well lit. At overnight at six pounds, it was very reasonable. Good place, would definitely stay there again if only for the pillows....

Room Tip: Not sure any view is good. Front is facing the street and JL; back is overlooking the railway line...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It seems like you have graded elements of your stay differently but I do sincerely hope that you had an overall great stay with us. Your comments are much appreciated and our team will be addressed accordingly. It's fantastic to hear that you mentioned our great location and pillows. We are always working to improve our hotel and feedback from our past guests are very valuable to us.

I would reccomend that you book a higher floor on your next stay with us so you have views across the city. We pride ourselves in offering amazing views from our floor to ceiling windows across our 215 bedrooms on 21 floors.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was there During World Music Expo.Check-in was Rapid and easy.Room was very Comfort,Clean and good size(About 28m). breakfast was Superb .Staff were fully trained,
polite and helpful.Hotel is in the Best Place of City near to Shopping Malls, Restaurants
and 10 Minutes walking to Cardiff Bay.Of course,This is a n expensive Hotel but be sure
you receive enough Service for your Money.Reception desk Staff gave me helpful Information about Shopping,City Info and other Requests.Highly recommends for Family trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for a fantastic review. You have made some great comments in regards to our service, facilities, location and our amazing super buffet breakfast. It is great to hear that you agree that our four star service reflects in our rates. Our staff are highly trained to assist guests in making their stay as comfortable as possible so it's fantastic to hear that you used this service.

I do hope you will join us again in Cardiff soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

4 of us stayed at this hotel recently for one night. Our 2 friends got a budget room at the back (unlucky), me and another friend got a much nicer room at the the front, great views of rainy wales. The best bit about our stay was TANYA the check in lady, she was a hero.....what can I say...Tanya, when it's cold, wear a jacket.!!! Tanyaaaaa

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review and special mention to our exceptional receptionist Tanya! It's great to heat that you enjoyed your bedroom with the great views. It is a shame to hear that you did not think your friend's room was as nice as I am sure Tanya would have been able to assist if need be with her Yes I Can attitude.

I look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in Cardiff for two nights last week (Thurs/Fri) - we were booked into the Travel lodge (above walkabout) and had such a bad first night there we complained and changed hotels for the Friday night. The only hotel we could find available when we were looking on our mobiles the morning we wanted to swap was the Radisson Blu Hotel, we phoned and yes they had a room, for £95 that night.
We asked how early we could check in and were told 10am would be available for us - brilliant!!
From the minute we walked through the door we were looked after, we checked in at 10am as promised and went to our fabulous clean and smart room (unlike the travel lodge room)
it was perfect and couldn't fault it upon arriving, the towels were huge and fluffy white, wide kingsize bed which was so comfortable, toiletries in the bathroom provided, and just generally brilliant - there were even wine glasses, a fridge and an ice bucket in the room!
the ONLY thing we could find fault with after our stay were the pillows (but i will admit we are very fussy about pillows and struggle to get comfortable ones for home!)
I would recommend this hotel for anyone, and will say you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RR84310
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your five out of five star review! You have mentioned many great elements during your stay with us. We always try and allow for early check in whenever possible, subject to our availability as we recognise that each guest has different needs. Our hotel team demonstrated our 'Yes I Can' attitude in meeting your expectations upon arrival and throughout your stay. The hotel provides great amenities to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible. It is great to hear that you really appreciated these.

I am so pleased that you chose Radisson Blu to move to and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

a group of 40 of us stayed here in September for one night only On the positive side our room was clean and comfortable.
We were charged for our evening meal when we booked in. (we would not have paid for this meagre meal, had we had the bill after eating).
Our starter consisted of a few lettuce leaves 1/2 of a cherry tomato with some dressing and 2 small pieces of dried toasted bread. The main course was meat loaf (the weeks leftovers minced up ) served with mash and gravy not a vegetable in sight .
I have left it until now to write on trip advisor because i was waiting for a reply to the letter we wrote to the cardiff branch and head office, which they have not had the decency to respond to

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fay W

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It is great to hear that you had a nice stay in our lovely bedrooms here at the hotel. However, I am saddened to hear your comments in regards to your group's evening meal. Please be assured that this has been addressed with my hotel team and that we have also been in communication with the organiser.

I do sincerely hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again on your next visit to Cardiff.