“Great Location Great Potential”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff
Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Overall, A lovely hotel with a great location and a staff that is trying very hard to please. A few little things to work out..but I think anyone would be pleased with their stay and feel they "got their monies worth"

The staff are very helpful and friendly, always making sure you are happy and have what you need.

A few things I found odd....but, maybe it's just me. Instead of one person servicing your room, they seems to have split it up into 3 or 4 people who come sporadically through out the day..which is a bit annoying when you are stuck in your room trying to do some work. ( I know, most people are probably out all day.) I originally thought that could be remedied by going to the business area ( which is usually a separate room in most hotels..with computers, printers and so on) but, in this hotel, it was a wall along one side of the lobby. The staff were, as always extremely helpful when I needed to print out a few reports....but, it struck me as odd.

But, I am quibbling a bit....as I said, overall lovely hotel with a potential for greatness..and five stars.

Room Tip: I was in a business class room.... worth the upgrade. Better views, high floor, and lots of little...
1  Thank cpbasset
alan m, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks for the review. Sorry about the rather odd housekeeping visits, I am looking into that now so thank for pointing it out. I think you make a fair comment about us having great potential; we are still trying to get better every day so watch this space.

Cheers
Alan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,480)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a very nice stay on business, the hotel has a great location on city centre with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. Also just minutes to walk from the railway station. Upon check-in I was upgraded to a business class room due to my Gold status and I received access to a very nice business lounge that served complimentary wine and beer some some lovely light snacks so a colleague and I could have a pre-dinner drink.

Excellent breakfast buffet in the morning, very good selection and good quality. Somewhat crowded in early morning on a weekday.

Friendly and efficient check-in, I will be back next time in Cardiff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Great Review

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We decided to go on a city break to Cardiff. And because of its good location we decided to stay here. We were greeted by friendly staff and our room was on a high floor. We had a good view of the railway and the bay. The room (standard/kingsize) is not big but you do not feel cramped either. It is modern, but the furniture and carpet shelving looked a little faded and worn. Also you cannot open any windows for some fresh air. No big issues really as our stay was comfortable and the location was very central. We walked to all the sites we wanted to see. From the Millennium Centre, to the caste, the shopping area and restaurants on City Road. We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I hope we will welcome you back in the near future

best regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed overnight on business and I was very impressed with the central location of the hotel. The room was modern and spacious, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I will be staying again when I visit for rugby next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for the great review.
We look forward to welcoming you later this year hopefully

Best regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were warmly welcomed and the receptionist made the very helpful suggestion that a room with a wet room might be better for us and this proved to be the case.Our room was comfortable and spacious and quiet although only on the 8th floor.It overlooked the railway line which actually my husband found rather interesting!The breakfast was excellent, a real treat, and the staff, especially Davide, were unobtrusively helpful and solicitous.Davide actually went to find my husband when he was unsure of his bearings.We enjoyed dinner in the Filini restaurant on each of the 4 evenings and there was considerable choice including a daily special.The service was again friendly and helpful.Guests should be aware however that occasionally an influx of diners means that there can be a delay in getting a table and being served.We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and we hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the review. your comments regarding Davide are extremely welcome and I will ensure he gets rewarded for his work.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been staying in this hotel regularly for several months now and always receive a warm welcome when I arrive. The hotel system remembers that I need feather-free pillows and they are usually there for me on arrival. The room service breakfast is a real treat and saves waiting for lifts for breakfast - highly recommended. Towels are thick and fluffy, rooms are bright, spacious and cheerful, views from the higher floors are great. Evening meals in the restaurant are generally good - with nice breads provided free with every meal. This is my hotel of preference now when staying in Cardiff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Great Review, Thank you very much.
Its the little things that mean so much and we are happy we are getting these thing right

best regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My partner booked a double room for 1 night stay for my birthday. We were allocated room 512 which was a lovely spacious corner room with a lovely bathroom. The room also had iron, iron board, hairdryer, tv, fridge, tea and coffee, toiletries in bathroom. The bed was large and very comfortable.
We did not book breakfast as we choose to check out later and eat out in Cardiff. The staff all seemed really nice and helpful. We usually stay at the marriot but as the room was bigger and bed more comfortable we are going to make the raddison our base in Cardiff in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
alan m, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Glad you had a special birthday with us and I'm delighted to read that you'll be making us your base whenever you come back to town. See you soon.

Cheers