2,763 results
All reviews business class john lewis business room car park free movies city centre junior suite nespresso machine train station standard room motorpoint arena floor to ceiling windows top floor modern hotel room was large few minutes walk breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here last night (7th March) for 1 one night, as we were attending the Ricky Gervais gig at th3 Motor point arena. The hotel was very close to the train station, restaurants and the venue.
We were offered an upgrade on our room to the Junior suite which was amazing! Rooms very clean and the bed was so comfy. Everything we needed was there.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious. The staff were all happy and smiling, welcoming and took the time to show us around and make our stay a good one.
Have no qualms in recommending this hotel and will definitely be staying there again if we ever visit Cardiff again. Happy customers!

2  Thank Megan D
Sameer G, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review left on this website. We were really pleased that yoou enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We have shared your feedback with the team and they thank you in return for your kind words.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Cardiff to see Ricky Gervais at the Motorpoint. Radisson Blu was a recommend from a friend.
We used NCP parking in Cardiff, it was a short walk to the hotel. Checking was fast and friendly, we were able to have all the relevant information regarding our stay. Several reviewers have commented on the hotel lifts, yes there are only two but they are fast and efficient.
We had booked a business class room, we were on floor 17. Our room was spacious, well equipped and immaculately clean. Our room had an amazing view of the city. Bed was queen size, very comfortable and lovely bed linen. We asked for a change of pillows to non-feather ones, which were changed easily by the staff.
Bathroom was clean, with everything you would need.
We did not use the restaurant for dinner, but used the bar, service in the bar brilliant.
Breakfast, everything you would need, well cooked and amazing choices.
All the staff are extremely helpful and take pride in their work, making your stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is well situated within the city,ease of shops, restaurants and all the great places Cardiff has to offer.
Thanks for a great stay and we will be back.

1  Thank AliW59

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights with my husband and can highly recommend the hotel. I've read a lot of reviews which complain about the scaffolding on the outside but this didn't worry me at all - I don't personally select a city hotel for its external appearance - if I was staying in a country manor or spa then perhaps I would expect something more appealing to look at. The location of the hotel is ideal for shopping and the stadiums and it's a 5 min taxi ride to Cardiff Bay or you could walk it. Our room was a standard one but had a nice view across the city, the room was an ample size with a larger than average bathroom which was very clean. We ate breakfast in the hotel which was superb - one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever tasted. Lots of choice, well laid out and everything was fresh. The staff are also friendly. My only complaint is the cost of the parking in the hotel car park and from reviews on here it appears difficult to locate a space and then difficult to manoeuvre a car. There are plenty of NCP car parks nearby which are safe and 24 hour with ample spaces. We used one of these and then just walked 5 mins to the hotel - I arrived at 5.30 and noticed the car park was already full so I would've been really irritated to not be able to park should I have wanted to. If we're in Cardiff again we'll definitely return to this hotel.

1  Thank laurag640
Sameer G, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Just returned from a weekend staying at this outstanding hotel. A truly wonderful experience from when we walked through the door on Friday afternoon to checkout this morning. Super friendly staff throughout the hotel. Room spotless and a extremely comfortable bed. Ideal location, all attractions within walking distance, including the ultimate shopping experience at St David's.

Room tip: Top floors have great views over the city
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Halfte

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Last time I stayed here was four years ago and found it lacking in cleanliness then,things haven't improved.
I stayed here last night as a late valentines day treat for myself and my husband.
My husband came over to the reception on his lunch hour to pay for the room,so when I arrived all I had to do was collect the room key.
The gentleman on reception couldn't find a room booked under my husband's name, and suggested I was in the wrong radisson hotel and was I booked in at the park Inn radisson around the corner (perhaps pink hair,facial piercing and a Harry Potter t-shirt is not posh enough for the Radisson Blue!!!!)
So I had to phone my husband (who was still in work) and get him to speak to the receptionist.
Eventually our booking was found.
Checked into the room,was about to have a nice relaxing bath,but then discovered the un-cleanliness of the bathroom!!!! Bodily hair in the bath!!!!
I went down to reception,saw a different receptionist,had a half hearted apology from her and she changed my room from 608 to 602.
602 was shabbier than 608 but it was cleaner.
602 didn't have the fridge,standard lamp or desk lamp that 608 did.
602 did have, bathroom door with scratches on it,dirty mirror frame,artwork with a large hole in it,brown stained carpet by the bathroom door (perhaps previous occupants couldn't get to the loo in time!!),cupboard door with chips in it,and dirty stained curtains.
Breakfast was not worth the price, £11.95
Sausages were coated in fat (like when they sit for a while),hash browns were cold.
Very disappointed with our stay,will stay in our usual hotel in Cardiff in the future

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking your time to write to us about your recent stay. Please be assured that the reception being unable to find the booking into our system was purely because the booking was under the name of your husband and he was trying to search it with your name when you arrived to check in.

I have shared your feedback with my engineering and housekeeping team so that we can make sure that the issues that you have highlighted in the room concerned are actioned appropriately thereby avoiding any future inconveniences.

I hope this experience doesn't refrain you from using us in the future and you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Yours Sincerely,