Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk
Ranked #7 of 43 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a ghost walk with a difference, for adults and older children (min age 12) brought to you by "Cardiff History and Hauntings" offering professional guided walks discovering Cardiff's past - on this walk you are in a city but can enjoy a mystical rural atmosphere, a chilling torch lit Cardiff ghost tour in an ancient village setting amidst ruins, graveyards and wooded lanes, with the spirits of those long dead – sad phantoms, strange lights, and sinister entities. Just a 10 minute bus ride from Cardiff Castle.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unfortunately we didnt see any ghosts but had a wonderful evening with a great guide!I am foreign (russian) but was able understand every single word!I would recommend this tour.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Zanna I
JimCardiffresident, Owner operator at Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and I am glad you were able to experience the spooky atmosphere even if you did not experience any ghosts (if only I could make them appear to order!).

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing night!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

When my friend and I realised it was going to be a full moon on a Friday the 13th we decided we wanted to do something different and spooky. We found the Llandaff walk online and thought we would try it out.

We both enjoyed ourselves a lot and definitely experienced things that neither of us could fully explain. The leader of the walk was very funny and we enjoyed all his stories along the way. We're now thinking of experiencing the Cardiff Castle Midnight Tour sometime soon.

Overall absolutely amazing night! Would recommend to anyone!

3 Thank lauren_bell94
JimCardiffresident, Owner at Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Lauren, thank you very much for your review. This was the first ever "Full Moon Midnight Walk" and thankfully the weather held out! I am glad you found the experience worth while. Hope to see you at Cardiff Castle soon! Jim Cowan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable experience! Well worth checking out! Never disappoints!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Have been on this tour with a group of friends twice now and it never disappoints! Really enjoyable evening with a great atmosphere throughout! Put it on your list of things to do whilst in/near cardiff. Fantastic!

2 Thank Sophiedavey
JimCardiffresident, Owner at Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Hi Sophie

Thanks so much for a super review. I am heartened to see that you enjoyed the tour both times you joined it, as each one was led by a different guide bringing a different approach. I hope to see you on another tour soon (and, hush hush, don't let on but I hope to be announcing a brand new venue for ghost tours very soon!) Jim Cowan
Nantgarw, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great spooky night out.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went on the full moon Llandaf ghost walk which started at 11.00pm and in true welsh form it was raining, this did not spoil the atmosphere though as we were made aware that water can help enable paranormal activity.
We walked through the Cathedral grounds and surrounding areas, stopping every once in a while listenening to the ghost stories, it was very spooky with strange noises being heard, Jim the guide was fantastic very knowledgeable and a very nice man. We took plenty of pictures and there were some strange sights.
Overall the trip was so interesting we have booked to do another at Margam Park, I would highly recommend this trip if you want an unusual spooky evening.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank RhiannonM83
JimCardiffresident, Owner at Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Rhiannon, thank you so much for your great review. I'm glad you had such a good atmospheric and spooky time, even if the moon only made a brief appearance in the graveyard! If you found Llandaff spooky I am confident that you will love Margam! See you there in November! Jim Cowan
london
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“The best thing in Cardiff”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I went on this not knowing what to expect but it was absolutely brilliant , history , entertaining , fun....and a great experience for the whole family 12-65 this was brilliant I'll take friends another time...you should do it it's 100% really good.......FANTASTIC

4 Thank LondonArtlover
Thank you so much for a super review. I am not sure whether it was myself or Carl leading the tour that you did but we are both grateful for your very positive feedback. I hope we can welcome you on future tours!