“Saturday evening in Cardiff” 3 of 5 bubbles

JRC Global Buffet
Ranked #860 of 1,209 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newport Gwent
“Saturday evening in Cardiff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

The restaurant was crowded and it took a while to be shown to our table. I would have thought at 8:pm the food would be fresher but i found a lot of food to be barely warm. The choice is big and perhaps trying to cater for too many tastes is sacrificing quality. The drinks took and age to arrive.

• Visited January 2014

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Variety of choices, but not great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Visited global buffet for a Sunday dinner whilst we were in Cardiff. Asked for a glass of water, had to wait until we finished our mains & re-ask again. Not great service. Impressive amount of food choices. However food kept low temperatures those shouldn't be. Eg: when I tried lamb rojanjosh it was cold. When I raised this issue with manager he seems did not know the hot holding temperature which should be 65 degrees or above according to UK food safety. Secondly most of dessert buffet finished at 9pm, but advertised they open till 10.30pm. Shouldn't they re-fill? Not happened. Overall good choices of food, but let down by minor issues.

Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Visited this restaurant twice during December both times at lunch time. Staff were attentive and food was plentiful. I enjoyed what I ate. My husband thought the Indian part of the buffet was rather bland. I tried the oriental food and enjoyed it. I went both times with teenagers and they loved it. For £7.99 for an all you can eat lunch I thought it was fantastic value and tasty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

great food a very wide choice and good value all food was first class
all staff were very friendly and helpful / we will visit again

Visited January 2014
Nottingham
“Good value but some what lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We had a weekday lunch here and looking at the decour were expecting good things. Sadly the choice of foodvwas a disapointment. Global buffet, I think not. There was a reasonable choicevof chinese style food but not a deal else. A few average currys, some dry pizza and a couple of nice deserts. All the fresh cooked food counters were closed, so no sushi, tepenyaki, fresh meat dishes etc.

We found enough to have our fill and most of it was fine but not great.

The service was an issue, with most staff straightening chairs rayher than attending to customers. A number of people were shouting to get the attention of staff.

For the price I was satisfied with a full belly hut not impressed. Not sure what it would be like in full flow but at lunch they sorely lack.

1 Thank 1Sheermadness