Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
3,451 results
All reviewscity centrecar parkmeal dealqueen street stationmotorpoint arenafamily roomexcellent locationall you can eattrain stationexcellent stayminute walkexcellent value for moneyself servicegood nights sleepnight's sleepbudget hotelcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Ideally situated for all central Cardiff attractions & shopping. From our arrival to our departure the young & enthusiastic staff made us feel welcome. The room with en suite bath/shower was spotlessly clean; the bed was comfortable and the media facilities were up-to-date. Breakfast, in the pleasant restaurant room, came from a buffet bar & servery witha wide range of morning goods. Staff were willing to prepare additional items if requested. Only downside was the off-site parking but a standard reduction in parking fees somewhat compensated for this. Will stay again & will strongly recommend the hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scousetripper
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed at the Premier Inn for 4 nights recently. It's a modern hotel very conveniently situated close to the train station.
There is a self-service check in which requires staff to be on hand to guide you through the process, which makes me think, why not just have the conventional method of checking in?
My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, the windows don't open so you are reliant on an air-conditioning system, which works, but personally I prefer fresh air.
The staff were friendly and polite.
Unfortunately I had two upsetting episodes on two separate nights. The first was having a glass thrown and smashed against my room door just as I was going to bed by 3 drunk guests. I complained to reception who took no action against these people who I had identified, other than to say the hotel security would be made aware of the incident. The following day I had a meeting with the hotel general manager, who to her credit took the matter very seriously by listening to my account of what happened. I received a letter from her that day, giving a full apology for my distress, plus stating she would be providing training to her staff on how to manage incidents more competently.
On my last night, I was woken at 2am by the fire alarm going off. Apparently this was caused by a guest setting it off as a "prank".
Premier Inn have a policy of refunding the cost of your stay under their "Guaranteed Good Night's Sleep". Again, to their credit, I have received a prompt refund for both nights my sleep was disturbed by the incidents described. I have suggested they install CCTV in their hotel corridors in order to identify and if necessary evict these idiots who behave in this way.
So, judge for yourself whether you want to stay at this particular Premier Inn. Personally, I have mixed feelings. One incident I can put down to chance, two in the period of 4 days indicates a more systemic problem with how the hotel manages their guests that hopefully management can recognise and correct.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed here for a family break for 5 days. We were warmly welcomed and provided with plenty of information about the hotel facilities. We had asked for a quiet room so we were shown to the top floor where there are only 5 or 6 rooms. It was very clean and well presented. The only drawback when staying in a room with 2 children as well is the lack of wardrobe space. This is acceptable for a few days but would not be for me for say, a week.
There is plenty of choice for breakfast, well cooked and presented. The "all you can eat policy" is very tempting. The service was fast and friendly. The evening meals were also delicious, but if you go for the meal deals you have a limited choice.
The drawbacks- having to pay for internet connection - there is a pay per card system is a bug bear. Extortionate car parking - we paid £12 per day. We did later find a car park about 1/2 mile away charging £4 per day.

The hotel is in a good central location only a short walk to the main shopping precinct and Cardiff Castle. The Castle is well worth a visit and the ticket is valid for a year so you can go again for free! A no 6 bus from across the road from the hotel takes you down to the Bay area for a small fare where there's more to see and do e.g. restaurants, bars, Cardiff Bay Barrage, Technoquest (a bit like the Science Museum in miniature) - great for kids of all ages and more. We had a fabulous visit to the National Museum (free entry and free guide to the outstanding Impressionist Collection). We didn't get time to do all we wanted in Cardiff. There is so much to see and do. We had a fabulous time. Thank you again Premier Inn and thank you to the lovely people of Cardiff.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Binkyrose
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My partner and I stayed here when we went to see John Bishop in Cardiff.
It is perfect!
Brilliantly situated for the CIA and for all shops including the new St Davids centre.
Staff were lovely and welcoming and the room was imaculate. We didnt use the restaurant for dinner or breakfast but we had a look at the menu which was lovely and varied.
We're already planning the next trip back for a friends birthday bash.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night to see Take That. The hotel was full, but staff were very friendly and helpful talking through the self check in and meal deals ets. We added an all you can eat breakfast for £7.99 which was very good value for the food on offer.
We had a disabled room as the last one available. What a fantastic choice! It was on the top floor with excellent views over the city to the millenium stadium and was larger than your average room.
Very clean and tidy, the bed was huge and exceptionally comfortable. Location is fantastic for the town centre, only a minutes or so walk away.
The one downside is parking. we managed to find a car park fairly close by, but it was a whopping £25 for £24 hours. We may have found another cheaper if it was any other day when Take That weren't on!
However, a fantastic hotel and superb stay, would definitely stay if in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends