Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel
US$141
Marriott Hotels
US$106
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$200
US$184
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
US$89
Radisson Blu
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Room Service
US$101
US$87
  • Pool
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$97
3,488 results
All reviewscity centrecar parkmeal dealqueen street stationmotorpoint arenafamily roomexcellent locationall you can eattrain stationexcellent stayminute walkexcellent value for moneyself servicegood nights sleepnight's sleepbudget hotelcomfy bed
Reviewed 30 July 2011

In the last couple of years we have inveasingly used Premier Inns when travelling. Their value proposition was unbeatable and most of what can be said in their favour is in other reviews. However we returned from a stay in Cardiff to find they had taken £65 pound from our credit card for a "no show". We had paid the agreed rate of £52 on arrival. The staff were unhelpful when I called to complain, telling me I had booked 2 rooms. I had the booking confirmatio to hand and it clearly showed one room. They then said that the day before arrival I had made a telephone request for a second room. I asked when that was and they said at 3:01am! Only then did they realise that this was ridiculous. Now I don't know if this was a scam, a malicious member of staff or a system error but I do know that it is likely that someone accessed my personal details and that makes me nervous. We have just booked another trip. This time we did not choose Premier Inns. It's worth paying more to get peace of mind. And expect the staff to tell you it's all your fault if you have similar problems. Never again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank PiggyD
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Every member of staff greeted us and went out of their way to be helpful, starting with the assisted auto-reception. Staff all smiling.
The whole hotel was immaculately clean. Bathroom, carpet, & bed-head you could feel relaxed about. Crisp white duvet & linen, with spare pillows.
The included breakfast was very adequate, the buffet kept tidy, the food fresh, even including the croissants (which is rare). The Costa coffee a fantastic touch,
The evening meals were good value, though not gourmet, sort of good-value pub food, and the "buy 2-glasses of wine and keep the bottle" again an attractive offer.
So much better than recent visits to London Hotels, which leave you ashamed that foreign visitors are subjected to them.
Well done ! We will spread the word.
Use the East Park and ride. Again, nothing but help and good advice, and it stops near to the hotel (about 200m).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Have never stayed in a Premier in before but if this is typical of the quality of room you get for the money then would probably stay in one again.

Used Trip Advisor to find the hotel based on the good reviews it has.
Bit disappointed by the car park (not multi storey) and although it was supposed to have CCTV we were a bit concerned about leaving the car in a city centre. The other problem is the cost, although I did do my research before hand (unlike the gentleman in front of us at check in who was shocked by the cost - even wth the hotel's discount).

The other problem was that we were on the 10th floor. We were looking directly into an office full of gentlemen and presumably they were looking into our room. Bit disconcerting to say the least.
There was also a problem with one of the 2 lifts on 2 out of the 3 days we were there. This meant at breakfast time everyone was trying to get into one lift - including the cleaners and their trolleys. Bit surprised there isn't a service lift.

On the plus side the breakfast was very good and very reasoable. The room was also very big even for a family room.

The location is good - right in the centre.

All in all I would recomend this hotel if you want a clean, convenient, good value for money room with not a lot of frills.

Room Tip: In view of the lift problem you might want to ask for a room on a lower floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Booked at this hotel at the last minute. I was a little worried about the price of GBP62 (because it was so cheap - and you normally get what you pay for) but the room was well-appointed and very spacious (one king size bed, one single bed, desk and still plenty of more space). Definitely the best value hotel that I stayed at whilst in the UK

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ozshaun
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Great Staff, great breakfast, great hotel. This hotel has it all despite being of the characterless purple chain, except for the car park that is. Be careful with the post code given too, I met two colleagues there, we all had to ad lib with the post code.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business