I booked a few nights here months before online, entered my credit card details and assumed all was well. When we arrived however, I was informed that I hadn't paid and had to pay in full then. Apparently, this Premier Inn had been unable to take payments online for months, so the money had never been taken. Having checked my bank account this is true, but it would have been good if someone had let me know or there had been some information about this when booking, even just an email to outline the position - having assumed I had already paid this meant our holiday budget took an immediate hit that I hadn't planned for.
My other criticism is the car park - the hotel seem to push the ncp car park which they claim to have a reduced rate for (although given the way they push it one wonders whether they get a cut from the charge). The cost is about £15 a night which is incredibly expensive, so we avoided this by parking at Cardiff East park and ride - just £3 a day and you can leave your car for up to 72 hours without returning. The park and ride bus drops off just 5 minutes from the hotel as well. Would be nice if Premier Inn were more independent in their advice regarding parking as despite having asked them about parking prior to coming, the only option they told us about was the ncp.
On the positive though, the room was great - exactly what you expect of Premier Inn, modern, clean, spacious. The bathroom was equally good and we were happy with everything in this respect. The location of the hotel is fairly good too - only a few minutes walk from the shopping centre and 5 minutes from the castle. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff City Centre you're perfectly placed to sample all the delights the capital has to offer. And, with sweeping views from our top floors, the city is - quite literally - at your feet. From our newest Cardiff hotel, you're just a short hop from all the hot spots including St David's Shopping Centre, Cardiff Castle, the Welsh Assembly and the Millennium Stadium. Then when you're ready for a rest, our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds are just the ticket. This hotel has conference facilities This hotel has 2 meeting rooms, the largest of which can hold up to 16 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room at our premiermeetings website Directions: Take A48(M) towards Cardiff (East & South) for 4.5 miles. Take exits toward Cardiff (East), Docks and follow Newport Rd towards Eastern Ave North. Continue forward for 2 miles, under the railway bridge. Turn left at Station Terrace passing Queen St station, at cross-junction go straight ahead. At the next junction turn left passing the Ibis Hotel on your left then turn right at the lights then turn right again before the Motorpoint Arena then turn right again at the lights then you will see the open air Rapport NCP car park. (Sat Nav CF10 2EH). Charges apply, Monday- Sunday 11GBP per 24 hours. This is discounted rate for hotel guests - tickets need to be validated at hotel reception. Hotel is located opposite the junction on Churchill Way. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena 0.25 miles The Millennium Stadium 0.5 miles St Davids Hall 0.25 miles Welsh Institute of Sport 1 mile Cardiff Central Station 0.8 miles Cardiff International Airport 12.5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Wales