“Overall Good”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I booked a few nights here months before online, entered my credit card details and assumed all was well. When we arrived however, I was informed that I hadn't paid and had to pay in full then. Apparently, this Premier Inn had been unable to take payments online for months, so the money had never been taken. Having checked my bank account this is true, but it would have been good if someone had let me know or there had been some information about this when booking, even just an email to outline the position - having assumed I had already paid this meant our holiday budget took an immediate hit that I hadn't planned for.

My other criticism is the car park - the hotel seem to push the ncp car park which they claim to have a reduced rate for (although given the way they push it one wonders whether they get a cut from the charge). The cost is about £15 a night which is incredibly expensive, so we avoided this by parking at Cardiff East park and ride - just £3 a day and you can leave your car for up to 72 hours without returning. The park and ride bus drops off just 5 minutes from the hotel as well. Would be nice if Premier Inn were more independent in their advice regarding parking as despite having asked them about parking prior to coming, the only option they told us about was the ncp.

On the positive though, the room was great - exactly what you expect of Premier Inn, modern, clean, spacious. The bathroom was equally good and we were happy with everything in this respect. The location of the hotel is fairly good too - only a few minutes walk from the shopping centre and 5 minutes from the castle. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you know for sure if you've paid in advance, and park at park & ride!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,341)

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I booked online for £51.00
I turned up with two young daughter unfortunately a day late. My Mistake.
There was no help sympathy from the guy on reception - no refund or allowance from him.
We started to book for the night again.We could see there were loads of rooms available but he now wanted £73.00.
Didn;t book and went to the tourist information in the city who found me a great hotel for £43.
I have written to head office as I felt that he was taking advantage of the situation.
Shame as we were looking forward to our stay and have never had a bad experience with Premier Inn before. Perhaps it is a staff issue at this hotel that needs addressing.
Sorry folks but I am unable to comment on the room etc as didn't get to see one. Was not wanting to pay £73!!

Room Tip: Shame about the reception
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Staff really friendly and very helpful. Breakfast staff (Valerie) very polite and couldn't do enough for us. Check in staff (Michael) very helpful and ensured all queries were answered. Recommend this hotel highly!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Excellent value for money hotel located in the city centre. We had very spacious room with clean & functional bathroom. Very friendly service. Fully recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Train station literally a two minute walk, Bus stop right outside the door. Shos galore within 5 minutes. Staff very friendly. Bar area great for nightcap. Breakfast really good value. All in All a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary J
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I regularly stay in Premiere Inn’s as I travel with my job. I stayed here in July for one night and was not impressed at all. Perhaps I’ve been spoilt with the out of town Premiere Inn’s, but having to park on that unmade car park, then carry your luggage and work stuff across the road and up the steps was annoying, only to be greeted with a computer. The SATNAV option for this place and the car park did not work (the one where you reply by text). Trying to find the car park in rush hour was stressful enough but then to be faced with a computer to check in (why not a proper receptionist?). Seriously by the time I had checked in, found the room I wished I had never bothered coming here.
Breakfast was buffet style so most if it was either overcooked or just plain uninviting. The only member of staff I saw for the whole 15 hours I was there was breakfast waitress who had no idea about the car park discount, so I ended up being fleeced £16 to park there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank WallisKirkland
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay. Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and on the receipt of your details, the issues raised will be fully investigated. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed here with my family for 3 nights in total and were very happy with everything about the hotel. Staff were very helpfull and friendly and room was very nice with a great view over the city. Great location only 2 mins walk and you are in the center of everything. Next time we are in Cardiff it will be our first choice of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011