“So friendly”

Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed overnight this week. Had a family room for myself and daughter. This hotel has a great location, is spotlessly clean and has very helpful and friendly staff. We arrived fairly late (8pm) and we needed to be somewhere early the next morning so decided to try and find it that evening. The staff on reception were extremely helpful and produced a detailed map and drew me a walking route on it. I found where we needed to be in less than ten minutes and has a lovely walk round Cardiff past the castle in the process. Breakfast was relaxed and friendly (veggies are well catered for - you just need to tell them). On check out I was able to leave our luggage for the day and collect it on my way home. Had a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Have stayed in many Premiers and this is up there with the best. The staff were very polite and helpful. The best place to park the car is not really clear we parked in the nearby shopping centre car park, however there was no special deal for parking there. It did only cost £6 so no big deal. As ever if you book early you get a bargain, sadly with Westlife in town no deal available, so not the usual excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chopknock
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stay here every month on business and out of all the Premier Inn's I have visited this is by far the best. I have stayed in other more expensive City Centre Hotels but none to beat this.
Right at the start of the shopping centre with lots of pubs and restaurants.
The rooms are large spacious spotlessly clean and air con as well, staff are very friendly and nothing is a problem. The food is always good but staying for 3 nights a month it can become a bit tiresome could do with a menu change.
That issue aside well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AllyHScotland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Returned today after spending an overnight stay at this Premier Inn Cardiff. This hotel is in a great location, really clean and comfortable beds. If there was an award for the friendliest and most helpful staff this hotel would scoop the best award. Thank you Premier Inn staff for wearing your smile!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1001 - great view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is the perfect venue for shopping and sightseeing in Cardiff. We stayed for the weekend in November 2011 and found the hotel to be near to all the sights of Cardiff only minutes walk from the Castle and shopping/eateries.

Only downside is the car parking it is a bit of a nightmare to walk from the car park to the hotel with luggage. Also was difficult to find a space. You then need to ensure you get reception to activate your ticket to get a discount. Car parking needs to be factored in to your budget as an extra.

The staff were friendly, the room quiet and comfortable with an interesting view.

Restaurant attached had a good value breakfast and children eat for free which was great, it is a buffet with an excellent selection of food. Definitely recommended.

All in all well worth the stay and good value for a city centre hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel was very nice, location was good within walking distance from the train station and shopping complex. Service was very good, quick and speedy check in, room was clean and very relaxing. Had dinner and breakfast was amazing, overall a great stay and a nice relaxing hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed in the Premier Inn on a Thursday night. I was met by a friendly lady on arrival and she showed me how to operate the touch screen machine to check in. The machines are easy to use, however, I think they take away from the visitor experience. I'd hate to see touch screen machines replace receptionists altogether. My room was on the seventh floor and it had a lovely view of the city. I was impressed with how big the room. I was staying in the hotel that night myself and I was staying a second night in Cardiff with two friends the following night. I was moving to another hotel for the second night as I hadn't been able to book a triple room for three adults through the premier Inns website. When I saw how big and how nice the room was I was disappointed that I hadn't contacted them directly as we all would have fitted in the room. The room had a lovely full length mirror but there was no plug sockets close to it. However, there is a good half size mirror with lights and plug sockets. The buffet breakfast was great, lots of choices and friendly staff to assist you. The hotel is centrally located and I would stay again. The only fault I had with my stay was that I had the do not disturb sign hung outside my door but a staff member tried to come in. I was after getting up and was in the bathroom when I heard a knock. I opened the door and met the cleaner who had been about to insert the key card into the door. I pointed out the do not disturb sign and he apologised and asked me did I want anything. If I had still been in bed and he had come into the room, I would have screamed the hotel out of it as I was staying on my own. I raised this with reception when checking out. She asked me was anyone else staying with me as the room had already been checked out but I had stayed in the room on my own so I dont know how to room could have been checked out.

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the top floors for a nice room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo