“Another good stay”

Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Devon
“Another good stay”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our second visit here. As I wrote before the only thing that lets this place down is the lack of parking, even for loading and unloading. The hotel is clean and the food very good. The breakfasts are amazing. We parked across the road in an NCP car park and get so much off if you ask the hotel reception to stamp the ticket. Our overnight parking bill would have been £22 but came to £14.

3 Thank KenDevon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The premier inn was a great choice for viewing an event in Cardiff. It was near the centre of the city and the stay over was made more enjoyable by the friendly staff good accommodation and an excellent breakfast. I would stay here again. The breakfast staff served to a very high standard with the waiter Rich given excellent service.

1 Thank John W
Stuttgart
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very satisfied with my experience at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our booking and it was fixed without extra charge. I believe other hotels would have charged us to fix the problem. The room is big and comfortable. Our rate was unbeatable and it included a hearty full English Breakfast buffet. The location is in the center of the city and perfect for walking wherever you need to go. There is no onsite parking but there is a paid lot across the street that you will receive a discount for.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed over in Cardiff on a Saturday night at this hotel in a family room with my wife and son. Room was quite spacious and came equipped with a proper bed for my son, not a pull out cot or sofa bed. Breakfast was good and filling. Staff very friendly and helpful. Overall good value, nice quiet night - could not fault it for the price.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

stayed for three nights and had a fantastic time. staff were amazing and beyond helpful ; highlighting all the doctor who filming locations when we mentioned visiting the doctor who experience was reason for visiting cardiff !(thank you alex !!!)
room was very big and very clean and beds as comfy as lenny henry promises !!!
breakfast was fantastic and cant wait to visit again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently spent five nights in the Premier Inn in the City Centre.

It is just round the corner from Queen Street Station so is perfect for links to Cardiff Central and wherever else from there. It is also a stone throw from the Motorpoint Arena and Cineworld and a host of restaurants so is in the perfect location. In terms of the hotel itself it is the one of the best weeks I've had. The service from the hotel staff was excellent at all times. They were polite and efficient at all times and were always willing to help if you needed it. The service in the restaurant was excellent and the food was among the best I have tasted. The room I stayed in was always clean and well aired. It was very warm but q quick chat with Reception helped me cool it down to my sort of level (I feel very warm most of the time so wanted it cool). It had all you would expect from a hotel, clean towels every day and a top up of tea, coffee etc. Also had Imperial Leather soap for a shower if you needed it. I took my own but the option was there. The bed was wonderful to sleep on. Unfortunately I had back pain before going so couldn't really tell if I would have had a wonderful sleep as I don't usually anyway but the bed did help alleviate it slightly.

All in all it was a very pleasurable experience. I will be there again in May and very much look forward to my stay.

5 well deserved stars.

Room Tip: 4th floor room I add was a good height up. Wouldn't want to be too high up really as it goes up...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Yes it is a standard Premier Inn, You cannot fault how spacious the rooms are. But my main problem was how uncomfortable the bed was for a "Good Night Sleep Guarantee" scheme! I have stayed in various Premier Inns and are a massive fan of Premier Inns as they are fantastic value for money. But the City Centre of Cardiff Premier Inn was not up to my total satisfaction - The bed was very hard and uncomfortable it took a lot of fidgetting and moving around the bed until I could finally get comfy - TBH I was probably so tired at that point from moving constantly that I fell asleep anyway. The pillows were too soft, they had the two alternative pillows on top of the wardrobe which is standard for any Premier Inn but even those pillows were too soft too. The desk chair seemed to be on its last legs and the A/C system in my room was pointless! Upon arrival to my allocated room it was very very warm in their, so turned the A/C on lowest temp but the temperature did not change, switched it off which made it worse as it remained too warm and stuffy.

I understand I may have just had a bad room and I hope all the rooms across the hotel are not like it. Other than the 3 main problems - 1) Hard Bed, 2) Too Soft Pillows 3) Pointless A/C system the rest of the room was spacious, clean and modern.