As others have said, with Premier Inn you know what you are going to get and this hotel not only didn't disappoint but exceeded my expectations.
Check in was welcoming, friendly, informative, quick and efficient. The room was smart, clean and everything worked. Lifts were fast. Bar and restaurant service were excellent with staff taking the initiative to ensure I got the best value for money from the hotel's options. The breakfast offer includes crumpets and Marmite, making it a bigger choice than the usual hotel range. Location is excellent for all city centre attractions and Cardiff Central Station.
All staff I encountered throughout the hotel made eye contact and smiled. I felt very welcome, safe and secure. Bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillow types. Although located in the city centre, and at a weekend, my room was totally quiet all night - no noise or disturbance either external or internal. The hotel majors on quietness with notices encouraging this all over. Check out was extremely quick and friendly.
I leave my best commendation to last as I felt I received outstanding service in respect of it. On unpacking, my shirt for the evening's important event had become badly creased. More in hope than in expectation (given that this was a budget hotel), I phoned Reception to enquire whether there was anywhere I could access an iron and ironing board (expecting the answer no). I was shocked by the response, in the best most positive way - the Receptionist said he would get the items up to my room straightaway. Which he did within three minutes! For me this was just such brilliant customer service (additionally, the ironing board was light and easy to put up!).
I cannot commend this hotel too highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff City Centre you're perfectly placed to sample all the delights the capital has to offer. And, with sweeping views from our top floors, the city is - quite literally - at your feet. From our newest Cardiff hotel, you're just a short hop from all the hot spots including St David's Shopping Centre, Cardiff Castle, the Welsh Assembly and the Millennium Stadium. Then when you're ready for a rest, our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds are just the ticket. This hotel has conference facilities This hotel has 2 meeting rooms, the largest of which can hold up to 16 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room at our premiermeetings website Directions: Take A48(M) towards Cardiff (East & South) for 4.5 miles. Take exits toward Cardiff (East), Docks and follow Newport Rd towards Eastern Ave North. Continue forward for 2 miles, under the railway bridge. Turn left at Station Terrace passing Queen St station, at cross-junction go straight ahead. At the next junction turn left passing the Ibis Hotel on your left then turn right at the lights then turn right again before the Motorpoint Arena then turn right again at the lights then you will see the open air Rapport NCP car park. (Sat Nav CF10 2EH). Charges apply, Monday- Sunday 11GBP per 24 hours. This is discounted rate for hotel guests - tickets need to be validated at hotel reception. Hotel is located opposite the junction on Churchill Way. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena 0.25 miles The Millennium Stadium 0.5 miles St Davids Hall 0.25 miles Welsh Institute of Sport 1 mile Cardiff Central Station 0.8 miles Cardiff International Airport 12.5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Wales