On arrival, straight forward check in. Two family rooms booked for a family of five. Came for our teenage boys to see a gig at the Motorpoint Arena which is just across the road - and thought we'd make a short break out if it. Couldn't get a better location hotel if you tried. Rooms perfectly presented, clean and functional. The only negative point I would make is regarding the restaurant - particularly evening meal and breakfast "price deal" and rushing to get table cleared. I would imagine that most families taking an evening meal would also be having breakfast the following morning, therefore the deal on the menu and on web page of £22.99 would be applicable. However, no restaurant staff alert you or ask you if you're taking up this offer. It's so clearly marketed, it would surely make more sense for staff to check with diners first or before presenting them with their bill, rather than us - as a customer - having to point it out and draw their attention to it. Rather embarrassing when you have to sit there in the middle of the restaurant sorting out your bill with the waiting staff. Unfortunately, whilst we're on the subject if the waiting staff, they were rather slow with delivering our drinks order at dinner time, and conversely, wanted to clear my plate and the rest of the table before I was finished with my meal!! I was the last one on our table to finish eating, but I was still eating!! Location - This place is perfect for shopping as it's on the doorstep, the Castle and the Bay are nearby. You shouldn't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff City Centre you're perfectly placed to sample all the delights the capital has to offer. And, with sweeping views from our top floors, the city is - quite literally - at your feet. From our newest Cardiff hotel, you're just a short hop from all the hot spots including St David's Shopping Centre, Cardiff Castle, the Welsh Assembly and the Millennium Stadium. Then when you're ready for a rest, our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds are just the ticket. This hotel has conference facilities This hotel has 2 meeting rooms, the largest of which can hold up to 16 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room at our premiermeetings website Directions: Take A48(M) towards Cardiff (East & South) for 4.5 miles. Take exits toward Cardiff (East), Docks and follow Newport Rd towards Eastern Ave North. Continue forward for 2 miles, under the railway bridge. Turn left at Station Terrace passing Queen St station, at cross-junction go straight ahead. At the next junction turn left passing the Ibis Hotel on your left then turn right at the lights then turn right again before the Motorpoint Arena then turn right again at the lights then you will see the open air Rapport NCP car park. (Sat Nav CF10 2EH). Charges apply, Monday- Sunday 11GBP per 24 hours. This is discounted rate for hotel guests - tickets need to be validated at hotel reception. Hotel is located opposite the junction on Churchill Way. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena 0.25 miles The Millennium Stadium 0.5 miles St Davids Hall 0.25 miles Welsh Institute of Sport 1 mile Cardiff Central Station 0.8 miles Cardiff International Airport 12.5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Wales