“Best italian Restaurant”

Stefano's
Ranked #377 of 1,225 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving high quality Italian cuisine, Stefano's is decorated with an authentic Italian bistro look and original artwork of famous Italian scenery, situated a short walk from the city centre in the popular Pontcanna area of Cardiff. Winners of Best Italian 2012/13 in the South Wales Echo, Stefano's is a family-run business and the proprietor, Stefano Caramella, is on-site to ensure a professional, friendly service to accompany the exquisite food prepared by the chef. Enjoy eating in the restaurant or dine al fresco on the heated patio during the warmer months of the year. Stefano's offers a fantastic a la carte menu, including Italian favourites and exotic specials, as well as fresh fish and specials boards available daily. To complement your meal perfectly, the restaurant also invites you to choose from an extensive range of international wines from the cellar.
Frome, United Kingdom
“Best italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our party enjoyed a thoroughly enjoyable evening at Stefanos on a Saturday evening. We were welcomed by Tony, Stefano's brother who is very entertaining and yet very professional. Nothing is too much trouble. The food was excellent with a good selection of pasta, meat and fish dishes all cooked to order. The staff are very attentive and I would have no hesitation in recommending Stefanos to anyone wishing to celebrate a special evening out.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Paul M
Stefanos C, Public Relations Manager at Stefano's, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for such a great review. We look forward to seeing you very soon!! Grazie!

“best night I've ever had...”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place is a hidden little gem ... someone recommended Stefano's so i taken my family there we all enjoyed the food so much... the service is just fantastic they have a great selection of wine and on that night Bob was playing his music he created a very good night .. we will defiantly be seeing you again and i promise to tell all my family and friend about you .. thank you so much for a wonderful night..

• Visited May 2014
Cardiff - Wales
“Best in Cardiff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to Stefano's with a Groupon deal. Fabulous food and the decor makes it feel like you could be abroad. Friendly staff who can't do enough to make your dining experience enjoyable. I love it so much that I had a voucher bought for a birthday gift. I'll be going back soon for my Spaghetti Siciliana.

• Visited December 2013
Stefanos C, Public Relations Manager at Stefano's, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and thank you for all the positive comments!! We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself and chose to spend your birthday with us-make sure you are included in our database as we have some database exclusive offers starting very soon!!
Cardiff
“Good, traditional Italian food.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went here as a group and everyone enjoyed their food - it wasn't superb, but it was very good. They claim to be the best Italian restaurant in South Wales and I have certainly never found a better one, although the competition is not exactly fierce. Cibo's offer slightly better value but are not obviously better. Slightly pricey, and I'm not mad keen on the automatic 10% service charge, but this is clearly labelled on the bill and can be taken off. My main issue is that the staff slightly play up to the cliched Italian waiter stereotypes, but they are fun and friendly so no big deal.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your generally postive review-we are very glad you enjoyed your food and hope to see you again soon. Most of our staff are also family and very Italian-we are an excitable bunch:) We get a lot of positive feedback about our great attitude to our business though-we love what we do and we cant hide it!:) We were voted Best Italian Restaurant 2013 by the Echo Newspaper and we try to uphold our fantastic reputation. Thank you for taking the time to review us.
Grazie!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great Christmas Meal”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went to Stefanos last December for my works team's Christmas meal. There were 25 of us and to be honest the seating arrangments were tight and cramped, but that's our only criticism. The food and service was really good. The owners and serving staff were really friendly and very patient with us and our singing - ooooops sorry about that other diners!!!!! everyone agreed that the restaurant's food was good and the venue was a great choice. I have now retired from work, but I think my team are likely to choose Stafanos again for this year.

Visited December 2013
Stefanos C, Public Relations Manager at Stefano's, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for a great review-we pride ourselves on our stunning authentic Italian food and amazing staff so thank you:)
We do hope to see your team return this Xmas-early booking highly advisable!!
We look forward to seeing you again soon, grazie!