“Perfect location for visiting Cardiff”

Anchorage Guest House
Ranked #6 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have been coming to the Anchorage Guest House for years for the bi-annual Scotland Wales rugby game & cannot praise it enough. The owner Jane is a gem & we are always made to feel like family as soon as we arrive. You could throw a stone over the river Taff & hit the Millenium Stadium, you are that close. Location 10/10, hospitality 10/10, heat in the rooms 11/10, food 10/10, I am sure you get my drift.
My room was/is en suite, which is always clean & tidy & the guest house location it is far enough away from the centre (3000 metres approx. over the Taff) to always be quiet.

PS. I am travelling back to the Anchorage though the night tonight for the game on Saturday. You will not find better Guest House accommodation in Cardiff & if that's not a recommendation I don't know what is!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but I prefer an en suite one. Enjoy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed in this guesthouse on the Saturday night just gone and I loved every second of it! Room 6 was perfect and will always be requested when we stay there again! JUST BEWARE THOUGH....the bed is so comfortable you will definately oversleep and miss any engagements you have (as I did with my friends wedding party!!) A perfect nights' sleep! The breakfast was perfect and very tasty (and I am very fussy!) But I have no complaints whatsoever. Jayne and the other ladies were very kind, cheery, helpful and accommodating. The price is very good considering the location (I won't go on about this too much incase Jayne decides to increase the price! Hee! Hee!) Irregardless of the location though, the room was very peaceful and relaxing- no sounds of hustle and bustle and noise- bonus!
It was indeed a home from home and I would highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone who wanted to stay in Cardiff...definately gave the Cardiff hotels a run for their money!

Thanks Jayne and the gang!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 which was perfect for us and we will be staying there again and requesting this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChicMoi
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have stayed at this guest house many times when watching Rugby. Jane is an absolutely brilliant hostess and the breakfast is fantastic. The venue could not be better suited for Cardiff as it's right on the river bank and yu wake up to a view of the magnficent millenium stadium. Best value, not just in Cardiff, but anywhere!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dave P
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I enjoyed a one-night stay here last month.

Location-wise, it's great for the bus/train station and a few minutes walk into the city centre.

I stayed on the top floor in a single room (room 5 I think). Comfortable, clean and quiet.

The breakfast was great with a good choice and everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful too.

It was also great value for money and I will stay here on my next Cardiff trip, and I recommend you give it a try too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank karenstrunks
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Been coming to Cardiff since 1989 every second year, this is the best in value and service sofar. Close to the railway station and bus to airport, and yet very peaceful. Got a room to the garden. Double bedroom, with ensuite bathroom, all for 35 £/night. Only cash accepted, wasn't a problem for us. Flexible and friendly personnel. Full breakfast, and personnel seemed to have all the time for chatting - if needed. Going to book a room for 2015, if only possible.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank K0kki
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Recently we stayed at the Anchorage for our Easter break. It's in a great location and is definitely value for money. We had a lovely double ensuite room overlooking the River Taff. It was quiet and comfortable and we didn't mind the stairs! We enjoyed the wonderful cooked breakfasts and the provision of everything was generous. It was also very friendly and helpful. My husband has slight mobility problems because of a stroke a few years ago, so our landlady Jane's helper Diane gave us printed information about the new City Centre Mobility Assistence Scheme - to help disabled people get around the city centre. We were very impressed and would recommend the Anchorage as the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HelenS258
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed here before and second time around, it's still great value.
B&B cost us £35 each for a single room, and the breakfast was whopping...fruit juice, choice of cereal, toast and tea or coffee, followed by a full hot breakfast with EVERYTHING! Or you can opt for some of the hot items including scrambled eggs.
Small problem is that you have to share the bathroom, but this is balanced by lovely clean rooms and a location DIRECTLY ACROSS from the Stadium. The owner Jane and her sidekick Diane are pleasant and friendly, even helped up check in online for our flights and print off boarding passes.
Cannot recommend this gem more!

Room Tip: If you are booking for a big match, do it well in advance.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends