US$120
US$106
US$121
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$81
US$101
US$93
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
  • Room Service
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$194
US$187
US$90
Orbitz.com
1,635 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Ok so i have stayed at this hotel every speedway grand prix weekend for about 7 years for 2 nights.. Only because its the cheapest rate in Cardiff at £109 a night. As all reviewers have said its badly decorated & the beds are pretty uncomfortable (like hardboard) last year our bed was broken and had to be moved but it IS CLEAN! Im sad to say that although we are paying that much we cannot eat the breakfast its just cereal, cold hard eggs & toast. We only use it as a base to sleep in and spend as little time actually in the hotel as possible. The staff ARE very lovely though and do everything they can with what they have. The Hotel could do with a Complete Overhaul but then for the usual price of £35per night what would you expect??

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KentBexyboo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I had to stop in Cardiff as I didn't find a train to Swansea after a long overseas flight. This was the only option ,however, excellent location and the room was perfect for that price I had and the staff helped me in different ways

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We arrived on a cold rainy day in January. Didnt expect much for the price as it was only £35.00. Hairdryers are not in rooms so my Fiance got told to look through every floor and theres about 10 floors. After this there were no free hairdryers. I had to sit around for nearly an hour with wet hair. My Fiance had to pay £8.00 for a hairdryer from Boots!!!! The service was appauling and no apology whatsoever. The rooms arent soundproof and we heard doors banging next door and loud footsteps above us. The curtains in bathroom were from the 1960s. The only good thing was the view we had of Cardiff. My fiance ordered a cider and I had a J20 but we were not given any ice. We wont be staying here again. Also the room where you leave luggage wasnt secure. Wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank westlife879
TBSH G, Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff), responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay at The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff. We always appreciate guest feedback whether it constructive or praise. I am sorry to read that you had such a negative experience whilst staying with us. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. We will pass these comments to our Maintenance and Housekeeping teams to be dealt with straight away and make sure it does not happen again. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Well where to start.

After paying £7 to be able to park my car for the night and squeezing the car into a gap just about big enough for a smart car reception was clean and tidy and the staff were nice and helpful. All appeared to be fine and dandy.

We were put up on the 7th floor and as soon as we got into the lifts it smelled like a hospital or an old peoples home, this smell also wafted around the corridors on each floor.

Got to our room that resembled a prison cell and it was like someone had put us in the freezer section in Asda for the night, deathly cold and a little radiator on the wall to attempt to heat the whole room. Heated towel rail in the bathroom didn't work so the bathroom remained freezing.

The matress, duvet and pillows well i've had thicker rizla papers and the curtains were something else scabbiest shabbiest decor I have ever seen in a hotel. Ok yes this is a budget hotel but it really is the worst one I have ever stayed in.

Breakfast in the morning cold boiled eggs, no warm options other than a piece of toast that you have to toast 4 times before it loses its anaemic appearance.

Overall would not stay again definately NOT cheap and cheerful. I froze my backside off all night and heard everything going on in all the surrounding rooms!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a night at the Big Sleep. We didn't find any problems at all. Staff really friendly and helpful. Room was spacious if a bit basic but as it was just a bed to sleep in we couldn't fault it, most importantly the room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. Yes it maybe a little shabby in places but for £35 on a Saturday night you really can't complain!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends