I thought it might be a good idea to put a review of the Spa on here, as it seems to be very popular for hotel guests and also for day guests. My friend and I took advantage of a deal on some treatments in the spa, a back massage and facial (55 mins worth of treatment) for £40 including use of pool and facilities.
The spa and the pool are very nice, though not sure about whether its in keeping with 5 star rating... although I must stress it is a very nice pool area, it did look a bit tired, it was rusty in places which was a bit dissapointing (If I felt dissapointed, I'm not sure how the Celebs staying here would feel!). On the plus side, the Jacuzzi area is nice and big, so there is plenty of room if it gets busy, you can relax in the bubbles and look down to the pool area or accross through the glass to the view of the water outside. There are also loungers around the pool.
The spa area is very comfy there are sofas and comfy chairs with a view of the water. There is a self service juice bar/tea point (being pampered all day is thirsty work!) and Magazines and Newspapers are provided for you to flick through while you lounge around in your robes waiting for a treatment.
The relaxation room looked very comfortable, a few of the guests were taking advantage of the silence and dim lighting, perfect for a quiet snooze pre/ post treatment.
The best bit was the treatments: I had a lovely back massage (25 min) and facial (20 mins). I'm not a fan on facials, but this one was very relaxing, the therapist used Espa products and my skin felt great afterwards, lovely and soft, not greasy at all.
The changing facilities are, like the pool, quite tired looking, the hairdryers are ancient and only one was working, and (this is the worst bit), there were no plug sockets! LADIES TAKE NOTE... my friend and I had planned to go for a meal at Mimosa after our spa day, and we both looked terrible as we had frizzy hair due to the rubbish dryers and absence of a socket to plug our straightners in! :(
I'd come back to the spa (as it's local to me), but only for special offers, as it's usually quite expensive. All in all, a nice day out- 8/10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales