A lovely hotel with absolutely stunning views from the balconies. Foyer was very impressive and rooms were very comfortable indeed...in fact, I would happily have taken the exceedingly comfortable bed home with me if I were allowed :D. Bathroom was not quite so good, decor-wise, but was clean and had all the necessaries.
I found the level of service to be exceptional...desk staff in particular were warm, friendly and very helpful, and made sure we had everything we needed.
We ate in the hotel once for breakfast, and once in the evening, and again, service was very good indeed...attentive without being in the least obtrusive. The buffet breakfast was of a good standard, and the evening meal was very good, if perhaps slightly overpriced. Fantastic desserts though, and I wholeheartedly recommend the pannacotta. There are loads of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel if you fancy something a bit different too.
We did go and have a drink in the bar at one point (lovely cocktails) and while waiting times were a little slow, the bar was fairly busy, and the bar staff were always very courteous (and apologetic about the wait).
The spa facilities were very relaxing, and much appreciated on an unfortunately rainy weekend...the private lift allowing you to go there already in your robe was a good touch, and I will likely be availing myself of one of the treatments next time I visit.
Cardiff Bay itself is a fabulous place, with plenty to do (and some good bars), and lovely views. All in all, I would absolutely recommend the St Davids, and would definitely visit again myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales