Three nights in early April started by spotting an iconic building which is the hotel! Finding it was easy and so was the booked car parking. Really helpful desk staff showed us two rooms to choose from. We surprised ourselves by turning down a seventh floor room with a view and a half! Why? Because we chose a first floor room with floor to ceiling glass on two complete sides, stunning!! (Actually never closed the blinds so we drifted off looking at a stunning light show and woke up to similar but with sunrise!) Now have some great photos!
You are in easy walking distance if loads of bars and restaurants alongside both history and modernity. (Including Indian restaurant of the year in Wales and UK runner up!)
Cardiff town centre is a 25 minute walk but you can use bus, taxi or water taxi!
The restaurant is again really well positioned. However, although the fruit and cold selection were great, the cooked breakfast did not live upto 5 star expectations. What we had was fine, but there were errors on both days and a poached egg should be available and so should baked beans if advertised. This meant we ate in other places in the evenings and as we were not business people, I think the hotel missed out and may not link the evening choice of 'no' with the morning. However, this did not diminish our enjoyment.
The spa is superb. The gym is of the highest quality as is the view whilst you suffer!!
Loads to do. All staff were very friendly, cheerful and helpful.
Highly recommend hotel and area in general. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales