The St. David's Hotel
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$118
  • Pool
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$84
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$132
US$115
US$101
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Priceline
  • Room Service
4,134 results
All reviewsmaster suitecardiff bayoverlooking the bayspa facilitieson arrivalmermaid quaythe hotel car parkpay and displayfloor to ceiling windowsrobes and slippersafternoon tearelaxation roombirthday treatan upgradewelsh cakesbars and restaurantslovely room
Reviewed 27 December 2013

On the 7th December we had a Xmas dinner at the Tempus Restaurant in the above hotel and it was excellent. The staff couldn't do enough for us. They went to so much trouble. It was my friend's 70th birthday celebration and the staff were friendly, help and excellent. The food and wine was incredibly good. All in all I can recommend this restaurant and service. It lives up to its standard of having five stars. The singer was also very good. We thought it was the radio or music system playing and I realised that it was live music. What a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review on Tempus @ Tides Restaurant. I will share your comments with my team with regards of the atmosphere, service and food. Thank you once again.

I hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife have stayed here quite a few times , and again the hotel ,food and staff never fail .....
Great will be booking again soon ...
We had room service , which was fab , the nice touch is the Friday feeling deal that gives you vouchers to spend in the rest or bar area ....

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted overall you enjoyed your stay once more here at St. David's Hotel & Marine Spa.

We look forward to your return very soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I wanted this stay to be special: over a year of bad health, numerous hospital visits and two operations PLUS it was my wife's birthday - I felt a decent short-break was needed to recharge my batteries. I have also stayed at and reviewed this hotel a few times and felt standards had dipped in previous stays. However this time around there were no disappointments at all. In fact this was the best stay.

We stayed two nights - Sun 22nd to Tue 24th December - with our son (7yo) joining us for only the first night. I thought this may have caused inconvenience but the staff were more than helpful in accommodating this request. We were also upgraded to a junior suite which meant there was more room for my son to 'spread his wings'! The room was at the front of the hotel with windows looking out over the wetlands and Penarth, and over to the Millennium Centre and the bay. Given the time of year I was expecting some noise from functions held in the hotel but it couldn't have been quieter.

We ate out both nights because the hotel seemed a little expensive and there is an extensive collection of eateries in the bay area. There are also some lovely places to have a drink and a relax - though we did indulge in the hotel bar with some cocktails which were excellent (2 for 1 offer too).

I have been critical of the spa area in past reviews but this time there had been some decorating and rusty sun loungers had been replaced - a much better experience. My wife had a spa treatment with lunch included and said it was amazing.

The staff throughout our stay were pleasant, friendly and helpful.

Perhaps one suggestion for the hotel management is regarding the free wifi. It is such a palaver to enable the free 30 minutes, could you not offer a standard free unlimited wifi at a slow speed for those of us who aren't into streaming videos or need a fast connection? The faster connection could be charged - most business users would take this up I would imagine. But the unlimited could be a free addition (like a lot of other hotels) which would leave a visitor like me pleased that the hotel was offering such a facility - it could be one of those 'nice touches' that would make me want to come back again.

Without doubt a memorable stay which makes me look forward to my next visit. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you have returned back to the St David's Hotel & Marine Spa. It was an encouraging read and I am pleased that this was your best stay here. I have noted your comments in relation with the WiFi.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once more in the near future.

Kind regards,

Andreas Maszczyk

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here on the Friday before Xmas. Asked for a quiet room for romance as we had a voucher as a present from a family member for use at the hotel. I probably shouldn't have chosen the busiest Friday as we got quite a noisy night. Still, on check in I was disappointed that the check in person makes no acknowledgement of many previous stays. No 'welcome back'. We also had probs with the parking pay machine, but despite many free spaces in the free car park we were not allowed to use one as they were being held for other guests. Again, this was a bit of a disappointment on the welcome.
Our room was ok but only on the 2 nd floor and not looking over the Cardiff bit of the bay. We had a great evening out as there is loads to do on the bay with many bars and restaurants that we always enjoy. I would have eaten at the hotel as its also been good in the past but there was no driver to do this eg better room or discount as a resident.
as I said, we were sadly put next to some sort of hen party that went on til 4 am so we didn't sleep, defeating the whole object of the stay. On check out the management did ask about our stay so I told them and they offered an upgrade if we booked again. Still £150 is a lot to pay for no sleep and we were so tired we drove straight back to Bristol missing our planned pool / spa time which was a shame.
Breakfast was excellent before we left. An older male waiter really looked after us and made me feel a lot better..
I've been staying here since it opened, so my expectations have been high. I've booked many new years eve packages and really enjoyed the stay. This time felt a bit of a let down and I think management need to work on looking after loyal guests, at least remembering them on their return. It can't be that hard. Also, the hotel needs to think about placing couples next to noisy parties - not a good idea!!! There was also a cleaners Hoover outside our room for the whole 2 days, which didn't look 5 star and was something I wouldn't leave laying around in my own house.
If I take up the offer to go again, it will need to be back to the level of previous experiences really. The jury's out on this.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I will share your comments with the management team. I would like to pass my apology that you were not acknowledged for your previous stays. I do hope my team were able to restore your faith in St. David's.

I do hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This was meant to be a romantic weekend. It started off really bad. Friday night brought in all the drunks. Doors were slamming. They were running up and down the corridor. Laughing really loud. They were so loud it actually woke me up.
I actually wanted to pack my bags there and then. It took a good hour for them to settle down. Either out of exhaustion or management.
Besides from that poor start. The location is great. It's a nice 10mins walk to the restaurants and the bay. And 10 mins car drive to the Mall.
The hotel car park is slightly expensive compared to the car park literally opposite the hotel. It's secure with CCTV and much cheaper.
Breakfast was nice. Food was hot and there's a good selection. Though it did used to get too hot in the conservatory part of the restaurant.
The room is pretty average. It's slightly larger than other hotels. With a really comfy armchair but there isn't anything 'wow' about the room.
The view of Cardiff bay is peaceful and everything you'd imagine and the large glass windows allow u to take in the views both inside and outside the room.
I would definitely stay here again but not on a Friday night.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your review. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay even tho there was a minor hiccup at the start of your stay i do hope this did not spoil the rest of your time here.

We look forward to your return soon.