It is Sunday morning and I have started to write this after being in the queue for breakfast seating for 28 minutes. We are 5 in our party and there are no tables left large enough to accommodate us. This is because all the larger round tables were occupied by 2 people! Eventually after much deliberation we were offered a table for 4 with an extra chair at the end. We are very cramped and not comfortable. The woman organising the seating told us that if we came at 7.30 we wouldn't have had to wait! I wont go into the details of the food but I asked for hot water and fresh lemon. The water came 10 minutes later and I was told that the lemon would be 4 or 5 minutes. After a further10 minutes and 3 requests the lemon finally arrived. My husband asked for an expresso coffee and was told they only have instant!
We had booked a junior suite and were very surprised to have a complimentary bottle of wine. However this rose frizz ante wine was to be served cold and as there was no fridge or mini bar we left it on the balcony.
The bathroom was a disgrace. A shower with a curtain and a temperature gauge that doesn't work and no shaver socket.
The lighting in the suite was so bad that we had to ask for an extra lamp as we could not read at the table in the lounge area of the room. One was brought but there was no socket in the area. We were told that it is a MORNING table.
How this can be classed as a 5 star hotel is beyond me. I can only think that as this is the only 5 star hotel it may be better to take a chance on a less prestigious establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales