This hotel is most unusual in that everything, from the building itself to the bathroom fittings, was architect designed when it was built 15 years ago, and few changes have been made. The hotel has a distinctive 'sail' on the roof, and a dramatic open 7 floor atrium around which the corridors to the bedroom lie. Otherwise the hotel's attraction is the lovely views from most bedrooms either over Cardiff Bay and the sea, or over the Cardiff Bay development across to the Welsh assembly and Millennium Centre.
Our bedroom was roomy and comfortable with two armchairs, although it lacked a fridge and we thought the drawer space rather limited. There is even a balcony, but you would need better weather than we had in February to use it! The restaurant is nice with water views, but we thought the bar the weakest feature, being very gloomy and more like a pub, and incorporating a very small resident's sitting area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales