“Anniversary Break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for our silver wedding anniversary.
The whole stay, from start to finish, was first class.
Every single member of staff couldn't make us feel more welcome .
Complimentary bottles if wine in the room, which went down really well.
The spa and facilities were A1.
Breakfast was very good, as on the first day it was cooked fresh to order, the second it was a buffet breakfast, so I don't know how it's normally presented. Me personally preferred the cooked to order.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely be returning.
Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased your wedding anniversary break was first class from start to finish. We do offer plated breakfasts from Monday to Friday unless occupancy is very high we will offer buffet and on weekends we offer buffet. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Andreas M. Maszczyk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a beautiful, striking hotel, it feels as if you are aboard a cruise ship when you're standing on your balcony ! The staff, bar none, are extremely friendly and helpful and any hitches are smoothed out so nicely, particular thanks to Nicola who we had spoken to a couple of times on the phone when planning our trip and was on duty throughout our actual stay. The views from our rooms were wonderful and to eat dinner in the restaurant ( totally delicious food ) whilst the daylight is going and the lights in the Bay and Penarth are coming on and their reflections are twinkling in the sea, is quite magical. The Spa is spotless with nice changing areas and lovely toiletries available in the shower cubicles. A dedicated lift down from the bedrooms into the Spa itself enables you to go back and for to the Spa all ready for your swim wearing just your bathers and the snowy white robes and slippers provided in the bedrooms.
I hope we will stay at St David's again, we'd really look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much on your recent review on the St. David's Hotel & Marine Spa. it made a delightful read. I will of course share your comments on to Nicola who made your stay with us more enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Hereford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the 1/4/14.The room was on the seventh floor so good views if you could see out of the windows!! They all needed a good clean throughout the building. Having stayed at 5 star hotels throughout the country this hotel would not match other hotels of this star rating.The décor and furnishings in our room were pretty tired, the carpet was patchy and a bit threadbare. The bathroom floor was sticky. The double deluxe room does not match the sumptuous pictures on their website. Very disappointing.
The good news was that the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was very enjoyable and a superb position to sit and enjoy the view.
Will not be going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views if the windows have been cleaned!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review I am so sorry if elements during your stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments on our breakfast and your good night sleep.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is extremely comfortable, we particularly enjoyed the views from our balcony. Food in the restaurant was excellent, we had a couple of slight niggles about the slow service in the restaurant but these where dealt with in an excellent manner by one of the many wonderful staff we came into contact with at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and your stay was very enjoyable and your kind comments on dining within the hotel. We look forward to your return soon.

Andreas M.Maszczyk.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the St Davids for our wedding anniversary in a junior suite with great views of the bay. The room was excellent as was the spa & pool. The staff were welcoming & friendly. The only spoiling factor was the surprise £10 car park charge for using the hotel car park ! (Not shown on website). When I questioned the charge on Twitter, I was told that all Cardiff hotels charge for parking, this is true but these are city centre hotels with limited space available. This does not apply to the St Davids. I appreciate it's "only" £10 but it rather spoilt an otherwise great time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon M
Thank you for your review and on our great views we have to offer. in relation to the hotel car park. It is chargeable of £10 overnight and this information can be found on our website under location. I hope this helps.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a spa day for my best friends hen do! There were 11 of us and we loved every minute of it!
Champagne on arrival for the hen, tranquil spa treatments and then chill out time in the pool/jacuzzi.
Such an amazing day! Definitely would recommend! X

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review on your Spa Day. I am pleased the day for your special occasion went so well. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Andreas M. Maszczyk
Duffryn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My friend planned a visit to the spa as a surprise for my hen party on the 22nd March. This has to be the best spa I have visited in Cardiff. I had a wonderful day and cannot find fault this spa. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble for our party of 9. I was treated to a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival, we were given robes and towels immediately and shown around. The facilities are great. The biggest jacuzzi in a spa I have seen before. Lovely clean changing rooms, great relaxation room, separate seating area where we could take in the gorgeous views of the bay whilst helping ourselves to the complimentary drinks and fruit. I had a back neck and shoulder massage which was outstanding. My only negative was that I didn't have enough time to fit everything in, which is my own fault for booking so many treatments! Will definitely return as a treat for myself and the hubby after the wedding! : ) Thank you to all the staff for making my hen party so enjoyable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review on your recent Spa Day. I am delighted the whole day for you and your friends were one of the best you have experienced in Cardiff. I am pleased to hear the day was so enjoyable. We look forward to your return very soon.