Arrived at the hotel to have the last space in the hotel's car park. The concierge outside did not offer to help with luggage completely ignoring myself and my husband.
Reception staff helpful and check-in quick and easy. Offered help with luggage at this point.
Lovely room, fantastic view overlooking Cardiff Bay, however agree with some previous comments on dated furniture eg bedside tables.
Disappointing wifi access. Could be accessed for free for 1 hour but could not then connect for another 3 hours!
Used the gym which was clean and had a lovely view.
Had to use room service for extra milk which was promptly delivered to the room.
Breakfast very average. The hotel has made excellent use of the views. However only offered porridge off the al a carte menu. Have stayed in many hotels across the world not all 5 star hotels with a far superior selection at breakfast.
Be warned car parking £15.
Not sure if it was value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales