My partner and I stayed at this hotel for one night over the May Bank Holiday weekend. We arrived via the M4 (Westbound) and followed the hotel's directions from the website. Unfortunately I did not check the route on a map. If I had done I would have totally ignored these directions as they took us miles to the West of Cardiff and then back towards the city in a South-Easterly direction, thus adding many miles to our route (and a lot of time). We arrived at the hotel more than slightly annoyed. However our mood changed as soon as we reached reception. The staff member who dealt with us was very efficient and courteous without being over the top.
Our mood further improved when we got to our room. It was contemporary, clean, large and had an amazing view of Cardiff Bay which could be enjoyed from the spacious balcony that we had. The windows were floor to ceiling so the view could be enjoyed whilst lying in bed. I could not fault the room. It was a deluxe room but was still under £100 (£99 if I recall correctly). This was very competitive when compared to other hotels in the city and there is no way that they could have provided a view like this one.
One criticism that I would make is that, although the room itself was very reasonably priced, other prices in the hotel seemed very high. We had breakfast in our room. It was very nice but it cost £41 for two (with a £5 tray charge). This seemed a bit steep but it was first class. Also there was no furniture on the balcony. Apparently this was for health and safety reasons but was a little disappointing.
If I stayed in Cardiff again I cannot imagine that I would go to any other hotel as this one was amazing. I was genuinely very impressed. On leaving we found our own way to the M4 via the city centre and this route was both shorter and quicker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales