“Perfect location”

The St. David's Hotel
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 26 August 2014

After reading lots of reviews I thought I would go and make up my own mind.
I would not say this is a 5⭐ hotel. I have stayed in much lesser hotels with better decoration. All said and done it's on ok hotel in a fantastic spot. could not ask for better. For this reason alone I would return again.
Summary
Hotel ok.
Service ok.
Price a little steep.
Location brilliant.

Room Tip: you need a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clintos67
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

kind regards.
Andreas M. Maszczyk.
The St David's Hotel & Marine Spa.

There are newer reviews for The St. David's Hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Went here in May with my boyfriend for his birthday, hence the star rating choice!

When I arrived I was overwhelmed, glamorous, classy, clean and just spectacular views from the room. I didn't realise the pool and sauna was included without an extra fee so I was happy about that as it was also fabulous. Rooms were nice as well as the balcony which is a rare find i think for hotels in the uk! The only thing I did think is the bathrooms are a bit old fashioned compared to the rest of the hotel/ room but were still nice.

Going back there next year for my 21st :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review, I hope your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday as much as you did.

We will be delighted to welcome you back for your 21st birthday next year.

The St David’s Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for a wedding last week and we had a lovely time. The views over the bay are breathtaking. Do go for a higher floor as it is amazing to watch the sun go down. Not too far from Cardiff town which has lots of shops and restaurants too. The rooms are comforatable and nicely furnished and the spa was a nice peaceful area to relax in by day! Wifi should be free but isn't unfortunately. Found the concierge services and staff very helpful too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Being able to sit back relax and watch the sunset sounds amazing, especially coupled with using our Spa facilities to truly unwind.
I am glad to hear you enjoy your stay here at Then St David’s Hotel & Spa and your review was a joy to read.

I Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here with my now husband for our wedding eve and wedding night.
They upgraded us as it was our wedding which was a nice surprise.
Love this hotel, had wanted to stay here for ages and I was not disappointed.
The view from the room was amazing and the room itself was spacious and kept spotless.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your comments on to our housekeeping team.

The team here at St David’s would like to congratulate you both and wish you all the best for your future together.

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

The St David’s Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location overlooking Cardiff Bay. The staff are very friendly and courteous which is very important as a single traveller. Good facilities with an excellent pool and compact, well equipped gym. Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The St David's Hotel & Spa and that you found the staff welcoming, your kind words will be passed on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

If your feeling like spoiling yourself or someone else, afternoon tea at St David's should be considered. This was my 1st time in the hotel, we went to celebrate my niece,s exam results. A group of ten. The views are spectacular over the sea and we were pleases with a boat race to watch while we sipped tea and ate delicious cakes , scones and sandwiches. A new experience for me was smelling the different types of tea before you order, it was lovely and sparked up great conversation. The staff make you feel special and can not do enough to help.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea and your experience was special.

We look forward to your return.

Kind regards.
Andreas M. Maszczyk.
The St David's Hotel & Marine Spa.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is definitely not a 5 star.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Our room had a gorgeous view. Room itself was fine, but again not a 5 star room.
Overall, the hotel is dated and weathered. Wifi is very frustrating.
You get 'free' wifi for an hour then it bumps you off and you can't get online again for 3 hours. Otherwise you get to pay for wifi. For the prices you pay for rooms and services, you'd think they'd let you get actual free wifi.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kezzyb

We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's unique setting and thank you for your constructive feedback which will be discussed with our Management Team. I can advise that certain areas of the hotel are currently being refurbished and we hope you choose to return on a future occasion to experience our ongoing investment.