Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,446 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecastle viewafternoon teaopposite the castlehealth clubwalk in showerjunior suitesteam roomlarge bathroomwelsh cakesper nightcity centresaturday nightbreakfast was excellentleisure facilitiescar parkingmillennium stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The hotel itself is a rather ordinary modern building in the centre of Cardiff. Rooms are well decorated albeit with a distinct 1980s theme! The staff we interacted with were perfectly pleasant.

As HHonors Gold members, we were given an "upgrade" to a small room on the Executive (7th) floor that came with access to the Executive Lounge. Our room was directly opposite the Lounge and adjacent to the lifts. This meant that whilst we weren't exposed to the noise from the atrium, we did suffer the spillover from the lounge: people who didn't want to disturb others with their phone conversations stood in the lobby and disturbed us instead.

That paled into insignificance with the noise from the street that went on all through the night. It is difficult to understand how a room on the top floor of a modern building doesn't have better sound insulation. Hilton can't control the external noise (though the City Council should give this serious consideration), but it the hotel's owner could have invested in some decent (internal and external) sound insulation.

If you're going to Cardiff on a weekend and you decide to stay here make sure your room is on the Castle side of the hotel if you want to get any sleep. I know it's a commercial reality, but I find it galling that other people bought rooms on Laterooms.com (or similar) for a fraction of the price and got rooms away from the noise. I would expect Hilton's loyal customers to be given priority when allocating quieter rooms.

At £134 + £20 for parking, We won't be going back!

Room Tip: Unless you can get a room on the Castle side, stay away.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

I was very disappointed to read your review of our hotel following your recent visit.

I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for your comments regarding noise both internally and externally during your stay and for any upset and inconvenience caused to you.

I do hope that despite your comments we will have the chance to restore your confidence and if I can assist with a reservation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I'm writing this as a Hilton Honors member, so this isn't a "Get at Hilton Post", but this place was about as bad as it gets. I booked it as a treat for my sons, as the place has a swimming pool.

We paid over £130 per night, for two nights, NOT including breakfast,. If your over 11, you pay full price, which is over £15 per head. OK fair enough, that's published, but, do you pay that much for this:

- Despite 2 phone calls the room was not made up after the first night. I had to go out into the corridor to get clean towels.
- The Health Club was a shambles - dirty towels all over the floor, the Pool area etc. We left after 30 minutes.
- The Hotel is incredibly noisy. Built over a Central Atrium, the partying goes on all night, and you need some ear plugs.
- The rooms don't suit a family, unless your prepared to pay a ridiculous price. Much better value 400 yards away.
- WIFI simply doesn't work from the room - nothing like enough power. The signal kept being lost, and for a business hotel its ridiculous. Again, in every other hotel I've been in you get a full strength signal that allows you to watch TV on your IPAD - no chance with HILTON Cardiff.
- Parking £20 a night !!!! Ridiculous for Cardiff City Centre.

Better value at St. Davids Hotel & Spa and Premier Inn Churchill Way.

I'm a regular contributor, a HH member, but please don't stay here. you'll be disappointed..

Room Tip: Try St. Davids Hotel & Spa first. Better service, and nicer location, and perhaps some responsive staff. Cheaper option is PTI, Churchill Way.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank stewartdavies1

It was very disappointing and concerning to read your review of the hotel.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you have highlighted and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expecations on this occasion. I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to our attention and your feedback is appreciated and has been taken on board.

I do hope that we will be given another chance to restore your confidence in our hotel and if I can assist with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Our children had booked tickets for us to see Russell Watson in Cardiff and a night at this very convenient hotel. (One of us was 60!!) Rooms and facilities were superb. Parking, though chargeable, was secure and easy. We shall return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hyweln

I would like to say a big thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that you had a most wonderful Birthday and you enjoyed the show.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

What impressed me was the staff at the Hilton. From the time we arrived till we left all the staff made us feel at home almost like family. I have visited many Hilton's in may parts of the world and this hotel rates as the friendliest. Of particular note was the extra effort made by Pedro to get our car for us on a day when everyone was extremely busy. Thank-you. The Hotel is in the best location in Cardiff for shopping, dining and entertainment. You are all wonderful!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Red_River_Canada

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your comments concerning service you received are really great to read and truly appreciated by all of the team here at the hotel, especially Pedro !

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

We used this hotel as we were in Cardiff for a concert. Upon arriving we struggled to park our car so that we could check in, as your car is valet parked. The concierge did apologise for this but we blocked the front of the hotel for a short time much to the annoyance of one particular man, who decided to demonstrate how to use his horn. Valet parking was £20 for 24hrs not sure were else you could park your car overnight ?

Reception area very clean and trendy and reception staff very helpful, our room was not ready as we arrived early we were offered an alternative which was an upgrade and acceptable.

Our room was a junior suite at the front of the hotel, very large but the space was not utilised to its full extent - all the furniture etc was pushed to the walls with a large space in the middle. The room was very clean, tea making tray facilities etc and very clean bathroom, there was a small amount of mould in the large shower. For some strange reason there was no valance on the bed which meant you could see the base and there was no throw as demonstrated on the website. Also we had to ask for another bath robe as there was only one. These were minor discrepancies and didn't affect our stay. One thing to remember if your room is on the front it can be noisy at night, we could hear party goers until 3am and it was a Wednesday night!!!

We used room service which was good, but a charge of £5.00 was made which seemed on the high side, the norm for room service charge is £3.00 even in 5 star hotels in london.

Executive lounge was good and quiet, friendly staff with the usual facilities drinks nibbles etc.

Whe we arrived back from the concert at 11.30 we were informed that we could have drinks but they had to be charged to the room.

We have a concert booked in Cardiff next year and we will return to the hotel and would recommend.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenBateman66

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Cardiff Hilton.

I was very sorry to read of the problems upon arrival with car parking and for any inconvenience and upset caused to you at the time. I have also noted your comments regarding your bed linen and the charges for room service and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.