“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Carrieres-sous-Poissy, France
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Service is spotless in this hotel. Rooms are comfortable and well protected against noise. Every detail is taken care of by the staff and for those who want to enjoy the centre of Cardiff, it's perfect

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, following your recent visit to Cardiff.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your visit and this is something that we take great pride in and will of course be shared with the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Cardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

The first times in cardiff wales, we stayed in hilton hotel, and very happy with the location right in front of the cardiff castle and right in the shopping/ restaurants and souvenir shops, even there is an old tradisional market where we can buy the fruit and also meats.

The room is spacious and modern minimalis

The breakfast room is on the lobby floor and the food are really a lots, i have my table just facing the castle, is amazing big glass partition facing the castle
I really enjoy the breakfast !

The staf are very helpfull and explain in details when imasked about the chinese resto and she is concern also about the walking at nite

I am very happy with the location of this hotel and lloking forward to stay here again

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Antonthedy
I would like to thank you for your First Class review of our hotel.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our City Centre location and the view of the Castle from your bedroom, our famous Hilton breakfast and the wonderful service from everyone here at the hotel.

I do hope that you enjoyed your first visit to the City and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights over the christmas holidays . The staff were so friendly and the atmosphere was lovely . The breakfast is amazing and not enough is said about this when booking :) there is literally everything on the menu ! one of the sauna rooms wasn't working and the pool was freezing but it had literally just been renovated ( it had been emptied and only just been refilled ) and you can't complain really when this hotel is open all year round they have to do it at somepoint . I had a double guestroom and the beds are pretty much next to eachother just a bedside table inbetween . The bathroom was lovely and looked a lot more modern than the photos currently on the websites so you should probably update that, the showers were huge . Thanks for a nice stay ! xx

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A big thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the swimming pool and the photos on our website and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Right in the heart of Cardiff, this hotel ticks all the boxes. We had a room overlooking the castle with the civic centre in view to the north. The room was excellent with a large well presented bathroom with a massive walk in shower and separate bath. At first we were disappointed that there was no kettle and coffee facilities in the room - until we found it well concealed in the dressing table! Breakfast was well worth the extra cost. Parking on arrival can be trick at busy times but we were helped by the door man and the car taken care of quickly.
All in all one of the best if not the best hotel we have used in this great city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Llandudno, North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We would definitely stay here again. It is suitable for any age or gender, whilst we were there, there was a coach party of over 60's and they all enjoyed themselves. Our room overlooked the castle and we had no noise whatsoever, although round the corner there are lots of bars - didn't seem to be a problem. Also near to a lovely theatre - would be worth going on a theatre break and staying at hilton as its only round the corner, also the shops are near and the rugby ground. The breakfast had lots of choices and as much or as little as you wanted. All the staff very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We find that if you are civil to people then other people are civil to you. We asked for another teaspoon and 2 came within 20 mins. Would certainly visit again!

Room Tip: If offered castle view, take it has good views
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for for the fabulous review of our hotel.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I planned a family trip to this hotel for a weekend of Dr. who experiences and castle explorations. I was honestly not expecting much from the hotel so I was pleasantly surprised by the large clean inviting lobby.
I should backtrack by saying that I booked through a third party site and got a great deal. I booked two rooms since we were travelling with our three children and require adjoining rooms. I booked two junior suites. I called the hotel the following morning to be sure our requirements were met. I spoke with a French man (jean, I think) who was incredibly helpful, friendly, and actually saved me £50 pounds per night. I simply cannot say enough about the front desk staff. Everyone was very helpful and genuinely nice to us and our kids.

We ended up with one junior suite and an adjoining king sized room. Only one room was ready when we checked in, which was fine as we had plans to go out anyway. We dropped our stuff off and headed out to explore Cardiff. What an amazing city it is. We traveled down to the bay and wandered around for a few hours. We came back and settled in to the restaurant for what we had hoped would be a good dinner at the hotel. The server was very attentive and nice and timely. The food was average at best unfortunately, despite what seemed to be a good effort on the part of the chefs. Presentation was good, at least.

We finished our dinners and dessert and headed to the front desk to ask about printing our tickets to the Dr. who experience. The girl at the front desk very kindly offered to print them for me if I emailed them to her. This saved me paying at the business Center and she even delivered them up tot he room slipping them under the door so as not to disturb us.

The rooms were rather large for Europe and overlooked Cardiff Castle, which was nice. We were also on the same floor as the newly refurbished pool and spa which looked really nice and again was staffed by a really nice young man (is this just a Welsh quality?). The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Now, the cons....
There was black mould in both of the showers which was REALLY off putting. I saw this mentioned in other reviews but assumed it had been addressed-I was wrong. I did not want to put my toiletries or washcloth down in the shower for fear of contamination.

This is really out of the control of the hotel, but the street was SO noisy ALL NIGHT LONG. People were outside partying most of the night. Perhaps the hotel can put better soundproofing windows in the next round of refurbishments.

It took over half an hour to get two soft drinks, a latte and a glass of champagne in the bar/lounge on a Sunday night. There was one barmaid working alone. I waited patiently for about fifteen minutes while she took other guests before me. I finally got my chance to order and then she proceeded to fulfil the orders of pele who arrived after me. I asked her why nobody was helping her. She told me that she had tried to call out sick that morning but they would not let her and that they had promised to help her. Nobody was helping her. It might not have bothered me to Iain over half an hour for drinks but for the fact that I was sitting with my three tired children who just wanted a drink before bedtime. This was really the only shortcoming in service that we experienced in the three days we stayed.

Overall, I would recommend this Orel but the mould issue REALLY needs to be addressed! That is a health concern, and just gross to be honest.

Room Tip: Try to not get a room on the Main Street (by the Cuban Restaurant (sorry, don't recall the name...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
I would like to say a big thank you for the review of our hotel following your visit to the City for the Dr Who experience.

I was very pleased to read your very positive comments regarding Jean-Brice, our Front of House Manager and our Front Desk Team. It was also great to see you were happy with your bedroom and the facilies in our Livingwell Health Club.

I was however, really disappointed to read your constructive feedback regarding your meal in our Restaurant and the shower in your bathroom and may I offer my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your comments have been taken on board by the team here at the hotel for their immediate action.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

This hotel is located across the street from the castle. Check in was a breeze. The Canadian girl at the front desk was absolutely lovely and chipper. I had a great room that overlooked the castle. The breakfast has lots of choices and the fitness facility is top notch. The fitness facility has an indoor pool, sauna and steam room. I stayed at this Hilton for three weeks and felt very at home and satisfied. I stayed at the holiday inn in Cardiff prior to coming to hilton and there is a HUGE difference in comfort and service to the small increase in price. I will always stay here when I travel to Cardiff for business.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your First Class review of our hotel following your visit to Cardiff.

It is so great to read that you felt at home at our hotel during your long stay here with us and your positive feedback is really great to read and something that will be shared with the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.