“3nights away”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great hotel to stay in concierge parking
Nice restaurant but very quite
Staff very cheerful
Right near shops and castle don't need car even the bay is walking distance say 30 minute stroll
Nice all round but bonus is position of hotel

Room Tip: In the executive lounge 7th floor lovely view of castle and house and grounds
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

It was great to read your review following your visit to our hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and our location in the heart of the City Centre and your comment regarding the cheeriness of the team !

I do hope that we will have the opporunity of another visit very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Huge room,very clean,great view and staff extremely friendly.very good experience,the bar was lovely and the bathroom is the biggest I have ever had in a hotel,can't wait to stay there again.next to the castle and 30 seconds walk to major night clubs and restaurants easily the best positioned hotel in Cardiff

Room Tip: Ask for a view of castle
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was my first stay at hotel. The service was outstanding and the hotel is in a great location in the city. It was great to have a Costa Coffee shop in the lobby. The fitness room needs to be expanded as the mornings when I would workout, there was barely room for 2 people to lift weights. The rooms are in need of a remodel. My room had carpet that was worn and the desk had several scratches and dings. I will return in the future and hope to see improvements.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your visit to Cardiff.

I am so pleased to read your feedback regarding the service and our great location in the City Centre and you enjoyed our new Costa Coffee outlet. I would also like to thank you for your constructive comments regarding our Livingwell Health Club and our bedrooms, these comments will be taken on board for any future refurbishment plans in our hotel.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

I bought my Mum an experience voucher for her 75th Birthday, for a champagne cocktail meal for two at this Hotel. We booked for lunchtime today, the service was excellent all staff made us feel special, and the food was to die for ! We did not stay so can't comment on the rooms sorry.
It was worth every penny, we enjoyed very much. It was fab !
Jayne Beddow

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Very large rooms compared with the cramped London rooms I am used to and a really nice exec lounge overlooking the Castle.

It has a huge sauna and steam room which again makes a difference from the London ones. Staff are super friendly and they go and park your car for you.

Food is what you expect from a Hilton, once you have had one Hilton Burger you have had them all.

Overall, good service, good rooms and good food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Very central which is both a good and bad feature. On the one hand you are central to most things and the shops are a minutes walk, but because of this it is very noisy and busy all the time. Early evening on a Saturday night just walking outside the hotel are groups of people hanging around on the street which was quite intimidating. And throughout the night you can hear people (mostly drunk) right outside the hotel, this goes on until around 3am, along with police sirens every half hour or so. I was put on the 1st floor and immediately asked to move as I was at the front of the hotel and directly above the restaurant. My request was declined and I was awake from midnight until the early hours. The restaurant move tables and chairs around while tidying up for at least an hour after closing and then the party people continue the noise. I spoke to a lady in the morning who was on the 7th floor and she also heard the noise so not sure if its possible to escape it anywhere. The staff were polite (if not entirely helpful) The junior suite was nice but badly situated. Tvs were awful. Controls were hard to press and changing channels took forever. Shower in the morning was cold. Swimming pool was ok but cold. Not five star standard. Jacuzzi was luke warm and on a timer which was iritating, sauna was fine, steam was too hot to even nip into so was empty the whole time we were in the spa area. There is no shallow end for children. Had the continental breakfast in the Exec lounge, Nice but not a warm atmosphere. Food was nice as was the view. Although it is five star it doesnt feel like it because of the surroundings (and the screaming drunks!) My six year old loved it but then he got some sleep.

Room Tip: Go as high in the hotel as possible, there is no difference in the noise anywhere in the hotel it is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Morgan69
Reviewed 18 February 2013

extremely friendly staff helped out as my boyfriend would not arrive until later so they kept an extra key card behind the desk for him on his arrival. The room was very large and spacious. bathroom was extremely clean and had a very large shower. In room breakfast was lovely and so was the pool area and spa. And had a lovely hour long massage. overall an extremely nice treat for my 18th.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JadeGalsworthy

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.