“Mixed feelings”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for a night.
Positive: excellent location, very nice staff, room spacious and quiet; good value if you book an executive room with access to the executive lounge. Free drinks and canapés in the evening meant we didn't have to go out in the evening.

Negative: furniture chipped, towel had a hole on it and the shower enclosure was full of mould. They were those little things that made me feel cheated as I want expecting that from a Hilton hotel. A bit more care to detail needed, but overall for £89 I felt I had decent value for money (due to the executive lounge!)

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. We stayed here a few years ago and returned because of our previous experiences here. Glad we did. This hotel is situated right in the centre of town across from the Castle and within minutes of shopping arcades and the huge St. Davids shopping centre. Bars and restaurants are all there.
The room was large enough for 4 of us to be comfortabe. The beds were super comfy. The TV was great and the shower was large. Everything was clean. The kids enjoyed the pool and if under 16, children must be accompanied by an adult over 18. There is free wifi in the lobby for guests.
All staff members we encountered were genuinely friendly and very knowledgable. They seemed to enjoy working there.
Breakfast was hot and plentiful. On our last morning we had to leave before it opened so they made us a takeaway breakfast with fruit, drinks, pastries etc. We just had to ask at desk the night before.
Would highly reccommend this hotel and will definately stay here if i return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your first class review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Cardiff in Early July. The rooms and we standard and did what was needed. However, the staff at this Hotelwere the most informed and most friendly of all of the hotels we stayed at while on vacation. From directing us to the best pubs, best locations for off the beaten track attractions, and best times to get to and from the high ranked tourist spots, the staff at the hilton Cardiff were exceptional. Definately a great location in Cardiff as it is close to all the top attaractions. I will return

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a first class review of the Hilton Cardiff.

It was great to read your wonderful comments regarding the service and advice given to you by the team during your stay and you enjoyed our great central location.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit very soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked for two nights via trivago so did wonder what we would get when paying £142 for 2 nights. Had a basic room facing the bars and nightclubs but was still delighted with our stay. Basic but spotlessly clean room and while u could hear the people outside, it wasn't enough to keep you awake. Excellent service throughout our stay from check-in and valet parking through to the spa treatment and health club. Every area of the hotel was sparkling clean. It was all I expected from "the Hilton" and much more.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed recently for two nights whilst down for the Boss concert in the Millenium Stadium. Very clean hotel with a great pool.
My only complaint was the lack of towels in the room along with the quality of them too. The parking is not cheap but the service is very good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arkley67
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton following your recent visit to Cardiff.

It was great to read your overall comments regarding the hotel and I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay. I have however noted your feedback regarding the towels in your bedroom and may I offer you my sincere apologies for any disappointment caused to you at the time.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Burton Bradstock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A good welcome and well organised parking/arrival sign-in. However the internal room bathroom extractor fan not working, old lipstick smeared on a drinking glass, and dirty plates in corridor didn't provide good ambience. Powdered scrambled egg and a generally average breakfast choice. We've recently stayed in similar brand hotels in Spain and France and Hilton management need to go and have breakfast there. Genuinely welcoming and caring staff let down by poor management!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I was so disappointed to read your feedback regarding the hotel and the quality of your breakfast and may I offer you my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I do hope that despite your experience on this visit we will have the opportunity of restoring your confidence on a future visit and if I can assist in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me.

fareham
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Central location , friendly staff but a clinical very impersonal hotel. We had a spacious room overlooking the castle with a nice big shower but it all lacked sparkle. You could have been anywhere. Breakfast reasonable.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your guest comment card following your recent visit to Cardiff.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our central location and friendly staff and we certainly take great pride in our service. I was however disappointed with your overall feedback and I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and if I can be of any assistance in the future do not hesitate to get in touch.