“Great overnight stay”

Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great overnight stay”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night using public sector discounts. The rooms and service were fantastic. We had a problems with our first room but were dealt with professionally and promptly. If you are visiting Cardiff the location is great and we would really recommend this hotel for value and service.

• Stayed February 2014
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Please do accept my apologies for the problem you encountered with your initial bedrooms but I was pleased to read that this was rectified immediately and efficiently by our team. Your comments concerning our location, value and service were greatly received by our team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Cardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is nice, clean and the staff are very friendly. The rooms are of a high standard and the bathroom was very clean with no signs of wear and tear. Nice big shower. Because of the central location you will get noise from the local clubs until late, 3 am. Then the street cleansing at 5 am.
Food..... ok, personally I would eat out, we had breakfast 15 seconds walk opposite in Brown's two for ��9, very nice and plenty of it. Evening meal plenty of nice restaurants not too far. We ate in, food was bland and lacking any real taste, not what we expected.
The Health suite on floor two was nice, clean and staff friendly.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shaddack
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the high standard of our room and your facilities and I will share this information with our team. I have also noted your constructive comments regarding our Restaurant and your feedback will be taken on board.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Hilton cardiff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Extremely helpful staff. great location for shopping and a wonderful breakfast. The concierge staff were particularly friendly and obliging.This is the best Hilton that we have visited in the United Kingdom and will certainly visit again very soon. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your First Class review.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of months ago and yet again the same disappointment at not being upgraded despite being a Diamond member which meant another night on a rollaway for me!
We got a newly decorated room which was ok and certainly larger than last time. Poor to see the grout in the shower needed some mould removing and the fact that the tv remote was missing did make you wonder about what small details had been missed. Oh yes and the mini bar decided to lock itself in the morning which meant we could've access the water bottles we'd left in it overnight.
Small things count, so having to challenge the internet charge shown on my bill and highlight this should be free when the receptionist had supposedly already amended this the night before was a little annoying.
Hotel location is great but the standard and service less so. More attention to detail needed here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sdbsjb
I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was very sorry to read your comments and I would like to offer you my personal apologies for the issues you encountered.

Please do contact me direct before your next visit and I will ensure everything is in order with your reservation.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you enjoy a place often depends on your expectations before you get there. I think mine for the hotel were possibly too high.

It's easy to find although to get into the entrance we had to do a loop close to the castle to get in. Car parknig is 100% valet, which was quick and efficicent. Staff greeting us from the Concierge and doorman to car parker were smashing - friendly, smiling, informative and since we were here for football, very welcoming. A great way to enter the hotel.

Functional is probably best to describe the rest. THe atrium style is definately austere and souless in the core. The room was cool bordering on cold so we had to up the thermostadt yet the bathroom was always chilly. The corridors did not get cleared well - there was a half bottoel of Champagne on the floor near our room for most of the second day. Cleaners were visible, sadly so was the bottle despite them being around.

The bar is in the foyer and as a reslut quite austere, small and more important, cold for a late evenig drink. The staff in it were nice, but a sweater at least was required. Certainly not welcoming or condusive to sitting in for any length of time.

The Exec lounge was small and someone brought in very small children - fortunately they were quiet but it always worries me that this is permitted. For an executive/club area to have kdis is a risk to ruining everyone's evening, except of course the parents. Service was "I'll smile because I have to" and I did feel at one point I was encroaching on staff time - the balance of the staff in there is not good. One is happy, one could turn milk sour with a glance.

Breakfast was bust but good, with food well done.

Overall expensive for what is was - i've no idea of Cardiff rates but his was close to Lnodon price and higher than Edinburgh Waldorf for less. Overall ok, but could and probably should be nicer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen_Lloyd
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave both postive and constructive comments regarding our hotel and your feedback will be taking on board on ways we can further improve our standards and comfort for our guest.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

louisa.stride@hilton.com
Devon, UK
Reviewed 19 February 2014

No character but predictable Hilton standards. Concierge team are outstanding and the hotel offers valet parking. Fantastic central location. Literally minutes from the city centre. Bathroom was rather grotty on my last visit. Mouldy and generally dirty looking. A bottle of bleach and a Brillo wouldn't go amiss.

Food is ok. Overpriced so it's better to eat out especially as there are so many fantastic restaurants nearby.

Be careful to check if there are any events happening as music reverberates throughout the whole building. Also noisy on Rugby nights!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

It was great to read your comments regarding the service your received from our team here at the hotel but I was disappointed to read your additional feedback and may I offer my sincere apologies.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your confidence on a future occasion and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We really like this hotel - its excellent location makes it a good central base when you want to treat yourselves and make the best of Cardiff. Near to many of the attractions of the city especially if you want to shop. Enjoy the comfortable beds, excellent executive lounge with views over the castle. A good place to meet friends or simply relax and enjoy

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mike,

It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Cardiff and I would like to say a big thank you for your review.

Looking forward to your next visit to the City.