“Nice stay”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and my room was Deluxe with 1 king bed the room rate was £139.00 per night via hotels.com, but I would always check on line with the hotel as many times you can either match or better the deal. WiFi is £14.00 for 24 hour if you need access in your room, which I think in this day an age is a rip off! if you have BT Broadband at home you can log in to the hotspot at the hotel for free. The room was clean and very comfortable, but no fresh air windows were sealed and only air con available which was a shame as I like fresh air at night. Car parking is not an issue as park at the front of the hotel and they will park the car for £20.00 per night and deliver the car back to the front door when given a time that you want it. Beer in the bar is expensive I had a pint of Brains at £4.10 a pint, I asked for some peanuts one night and a small bowel cost £2.00
Lovely hotel, lovely staff, just fix the wifi and look at the prices again please.

Room Tip: Parking £20.00 per night, BT hotspot available for WiFi
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is in a good central location. Our room was on the second floor, very spacious and comfortable with a modern bathroom. The hotel is very noisy at night, you can hear people walking down the corridors and clearly hear their conversations. Staff were quite friendly, but it was disappointing that you couldn't buy a coffee after 10pm in the bar. Overall this is a nice hotel, but it has the standard Hilton feel, it wasn't an over and beyond experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found hotel to your liking and enjoyed our central location and please do apologise for the noise you experienced from the corridor during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and please do contact me direct and I will happily organise a coffee order for you after 10.00pm.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed for a few days with 38 colleagues from India and Europe - check in in spite of the numbers very smooth as the hotel had kept everything ready; the hotel is very well located - welsh parliament and museum in front, Cardiff castle on one side, shopping, eating and walking streets within minutes; good clean comfortable rooms, good breakfast, a nice lounge bar in the reception area and all the other standard facilities expected from a Hilton; highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

A big thank you for your first class review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our facitilies in the heart of the City.

I do look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a 2 night stay as working in Cardiff. Very easy to find, smooth check in process with friendly staff. Hotel cleanliness and facilities of a very high standard.
Room immaculate but what we were not prepared for was the noise at night.
The hotel is above clubs and comes alive at 10 pm ... just when you want to settle if you are on a business trip.
The constant booming of music continues through until the early hours but then the drunken clubbers pour into the street and continue screaming and shouting until 330. Just when it seems peace is coming (now 4am), along comes the street sweeper and goes up and down until half an hour before you have to get up.
Not the hotels fault but definitely not somewhere I would return to as I am now 2 nights with less than 2 hours sleep per night!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I was very sorry to read your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Please do accept my sincere apologies that you were disturbed during the night by external noise in the City and please do contact our Guest Relations Manager, Rachel Cornelius, rachel.cornelius@hilton.com regarding this matter.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your confidence on a future occasion.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with colleagues after spending a week at the Hilton Kensington previously and had high expectations. The hotel is situated centrally and a 2 minute walk from shops and restaurants. It has a valet service and there is no cost for parking. The rooms are spacious with both separate bath and shower facilities. The gym facilities are very good and there is a spa to enjoy afterwards. The breakfast is lovely and a buffet so no need to wait for service if you are rushing in the morning. There is a lovely bar area in the main reception and drink prices were reasonable. Overall I had a lovely stay here in a comfortable bed and spacious room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

A big thank you for your fantastic review of the Hilton Cardiff.

It is always really great to read such lovely comments regarding the hotel and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

A nice stay in the Cardiff Hilton. It has impressive facilities with a fitness suite and pool, and the room was comfortable and well appointed.

Breakfast was very nice and included in the room rate, which was great. There is also the option to have valet parking if needed.

Overall I would stay again when in Cardiff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

It is great to read that you were impressed with the service from check in to check out and all of the team take great pride in these remarks.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for one night in Room 505. Right from the staff at check in until we checked out all staff were great. Our room was spotlessly clean and huge, we were very impressed!

The only thing I wasnt impressed with was when we arrived the room next to us had put their room service plates outside their door, 3 hours later it was still there even though a room cleaner was on just a little further down the corridor and had walked past it, Im not saying she should have moved it but it would have taken 2 seconds for her to contact the correct staff to sort this.

We enjoyed our time in the pool, but do check your card does work on the lockers before putting your costume on, but they are large enough lockers to share which is what we did. Again it was spotless!

We had food and cocktails in the bar area all tasted great and cocktails went down well :-)

Breakfast the next day was amazing, great choice, and staff very helpful.

Will definately visit again!

Room Tip: 505 - HUGE! Great view of the castle.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank szekeres101
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cardiff.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and I will certainly share your positive feedback with everyone here at the hotel.

I have also noted your remarks about the tray outside in the corridor and please be assured that this is certainly not norm and been brought to the attention of our operations team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit very soon.