“Hilton Cardiff”

Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Hilton Cardiff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Room location was very noisy during night; needs soundproofing Bathroom needed maintenance; shower door did not close properly and flow of hot water to shower was very slow. Not enough soap for two guests. Staff were very efficient and friendly, especially at Reception and valet parking.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I have noted your feedback regarding external noise and the maintenance issues and I do apologies for any inconvenience this caused to you at the time.

I was however really pleased to read your comments regarding our efficient and friendly team especially the staff at Reception and Concierge.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
S Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We enjoyed the delights of a refurbished Deluxe room with a view of Cardiff Castle. The check-in staff were very friendly & helpful pointing out all the features of the Hotel. The valet parking facility is really efficient & reasonably priced for a city centre Hotel.

We enjoyed drinks in the executive lounge (thanks Rachel) as well as breakfast.

The spa was great we really enjoyed our experience.

This really is the only place to stay in Cardiff with a fantastic location & wonderful staff.

We'll be back for sure - highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Cardiff.

A big thank you for another fabulous review of the hotel and it is always great to read such lovely comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for an Easter break. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant. We got there for half 4 as check in was after 3, to find out the room wasn't quite ready, but they managed to get us into a room that was ready. The room was on the small side as we had two beds in the room, but we managed. The bathroom was very nice and spacious had a bath and a separate shower. The room was very quiet especially at night which is what we wanted. The breakfast was nice and lots to choose from. The pool was lovely and clean. Check out was quick and easy. Really like the valet parking so we didn't have to mess around with parking the car. This is our second visit to this hotel and we have enjoyed both visits. It's at a really good location for shops, restaurants and pubs. We will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
It was great to welcome you back to the Hilton Cardiff for the Easter break.

I am so pleased that once again you enjoyed your visit and I do appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive review of our hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Me and my wife that is 7 months pregnant came to the hilton for a overnight get away. When we arrived we were greeting by very friendly staff, the room was very nice and clean. We as well used the spa and pool which were exceptionally good. The one downfall which massively affect my rating for the hotel is the amount of noise that was made during the night a manger banging on our room door and cleaning staff waking us up was not acceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

May I offer you my apologies for the problem you encountered with the disturbance during the night to both your and your Wife.

Please do contact our Guest Relations Manager, Rachel Cornelius at rachel.cornelius@hilton.com so that we can look into this further and ensure there is no such repeat of this in future.

I do hope that despite your experience we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went for dinner on the 9 April 2014 with the girls, we had pre booked a table, had excellent service. Outstanding food. Table booked for 6.30 was quickly seated and menus were provided, ordered drinks they arrived quickly. Ordered food, waited about 10 minute for starters and about 30 minutes for mains which is really good. We had chicken for main which was cooked just perfect. Staff were friendly and checked on us a couple of times to ensure food and service was up to stand which is was. Will be going back again for dinner.

Room Tip: Always pre book a table for dinner as the restaurant can get busy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Louise,

I do appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our Razzi Restaurant following your visit to the hotel.

It was great to read your comments regarding the standard of food and service you received during your meal and something that we certainly take great pride in our Restaurant.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had really high expectations of this hotel having heard some rave reviews but was left a bit apathetic! I usually take negative reviews with a pinch of salt as a lot of the time they are written by people who are just born to complain. I tried my hardest to find positives but have to be honest, I did struggle which is why I felt compelled to write this review. The lobby area is quite plush so gives the impression that the hotel will be throughout but we found the rooms to be quite basic - no more plush than a premier inn, but comfortable/ish. We requested a room with a cot but the mattress was very thin and gave no support so our son ended up sleeping in bed with us. We used the pool after checking in and I phoned ahead to check that the temperature was suitable for our 6month old and was assured it was heated and they host baby swim lessons. I take him swimming every week so he is used to swimming pools but this one is FREEZING! Within 5 minutes my son was shivering so I had to take him out. Also from observation, the pool isn't what you'd expect for a hotel of this size and star rating. Even though it's on the second floor it has a feeling of being in a basement and is quite small for such a big hotel. It became crowded very quickly and had only 4 spa loungers on the side. I have been on numerous spa days at a range of hotels such as the park plaza, Celtic Manor and St Davids and they far exceed the quality you get here. I can't comment on the treatments as I didn't have one but I wouldn't entertain a spa day here based on the pool facilities alone. The changing rooms were only marginally bigger than our hotel bathroom! Dinner at the Restaurant was also very disappointing... The menu looks very promising with a good variety but we found the quality very poor. I ordered mussels and was presented with 7 in a bowl of what looked like dishwater and tasted no better. I don't think they had been cleaned properly as they were very gritty and some still had beards attached! The main course of duck was slightly better but had so much salt in the sauce I couldn't finish it. My dessert of creme brûlée had to be sent back as it was curdled! I never send food back usually! Having said all this the breakfast was much better with quite a lot of choice and the staff are more than polite and helpful. Just wrap up warm as the air conditioning was on full blast in every public area of the hotel and we were freezing! A few reviews have mentioned rooms on the kings way being noisy, fortunately we we're overlooking the castle so was relatively quiet until 2.30 am when a load of drunken boys/men were shouting and running up the corridors slamming doors and swearing. This wasn't the hotel's fault but obviously par for the course for staying in a central hotel close to nightclubs. Ok for a one night stopover but would not recommend this as a 'treat' or a longer stay. We were very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the castle, these are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hayley W
Dear Hayley,

It was very disappointing to read your review and may I apologise that we did not meet your expecations on this occasion.

Please do contact our Guest Relations Manager, Rachel Cornelius at rachel.cornelius@hilton.com so we can look into this further and ensure there is no such repeat of such issues in the future.

We do look forward to hearing from you.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from a midweek break with my husband, the hotel and staff are wonderful, spa and pool areas are clean and a welcome treat for the end of a day. The only think that made the stay a disappointment was the breakfast, we opted for a room only and on the last day really couldn't be bothered to get breakfast out. So we went to the restaurant "Razzi" and say down for breakfast! which was a self service ( which I hate ), I know we should have just had a drink and then went out and got breakfast but we really couldn't be bothered. So I had a bowl of Greek yoghurt with fruit, orange and coffee. My husband had a full English juice and tea. Then the bill arrived at £38 I nearly died. If I had known the bill was going to be so large I would have eaten far more. (Gluttony is not good people) don't eat breakfast in the hotel, value for money it isn't.

Room Tip: Castle view, kingsize bed. Heaven
Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit and the facilities in the hotel. I have however noted your comments regarding breakfast and may I offer you my apologies that the cost of was not communicated direct to you.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.