3,607 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecastle viewafternoon teaopposite the castlehealth clubwalk in showersteam roomjunior suitelarge bathroomper nightwelsh cakescentral locationsaturday nightleisure facilitiesbreakfast was excellentlovely roomcar parking
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

For a 'luxury' hotel this was decidedly average with absolutely no real charm or enjoyment. Rooms were fine (though why it needs two double beds is beyond me). Only one lift working so it took ages to get down in the morning and the stairs divert you away from access to the ground floor.

But why should you have to be charged extra for everything including wifi?

My advice is to go and find somewhere more friendly, or use the Premier Inn and save money.

• Stayed: April 2014
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, your feedback regarding the hotel will certainly be taken on board so that we can further improve our standards of service.

I do hope that you will consider returning to us in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had 3 executive rooms booked for 6 of us to see a concert at the nearby Motorpoint arena. This was a repeat visit for us as it is only a 10 minute walk away. There is no parking to speak of so we used the valet parking which was £20 and so we could just pull up outside the hotel and it was all sorted. We checked in with a friendly female member of staff and were told our rooms were all next to each other on the 4th floor. When we got in the lift it said the executive rooms were on the 6th floor which confused us slightly so went back to check. The 6th floor was being refurbished so we had newly refurbished rooms on the 4th floor which had robes and slippers and complimentary water put in. Fine but we should have been told this when we checked in. The room itself was lovely, newly decorated with teal and grey colours and the bathroom was roomy and spotless. There was tea and coffee making facilities tucked away in a cupboard. The beds were nice and high, a little hard for my taste but that's just me as I like soft beds. The pillows were really comfy. It was a little noisy at first when we went to bed but I am used to complete silence at home but it didn't stop me sleeping. Th executive lounge was small but comfy although the machine didn't churn our hot enough cappuccinos. We had drinks and small cakes in the afternoon then went back later for when the alcohol and canapés were brought out. It was real value for money but the problem was that there were some people in there so greedy that the poor woman servicing the food could not get it brought through quick enough. She brought plates through and there was a group of 4 men and woman sat near us that had starved themselves for a month the way they tucked it away. Every time one of us 6 went to get something there was nothing left and as soon as it was replenished the greedy bunch went up for platefuls before anyone else could get a look in - they were a fair size too so you didn't want to argue ;). However none of this was the fault of the hotel and the server woman was run ragged trying to stock up as the wine etc was certainly going down quickly. It would have been a great experience and good value for money if we had been able to get some food but we managed to get a couple of glasses of wine each. We had breakfast I. The lounge the next morning too - hot and cold food included so it more than made up for the £15 each charge for use of the lounge.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you for your review of the hotel following your visit to the City for a concert.

I was very sorry to hear that you were not informed upon check in of the sixth floor bedrooms being refurbished and your experience in the Executive Lounge and I do apologise once again for any inconvenience this may have caused you at the time.

I was however really pleased to read your feedback regarding our new bedrooms and that you liked the colour scheme and it it always fantastic to see such great comments regarding our new rooms.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Room location was very noisy during night; needs soundproofing Bathroom needed maintenance; shower door did not close properly and flow of hot water to shower was very slow. Not enough soap for two guests. Staff were very efficient and friendly, especially at Reception and valet parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I have noted your feedback regarding external noise and the maintenance issues and I do apologies for any inconvenience this caused to you at the time.

I was however really pleased to read your comments regarding our efficient and friendly team especially the staff at Reception and Concierge.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We enjoyed the delights of a refurbished Deluxe room with a view of Cardiff Castle. The check-in staff were very friendly & helpful pointing out all the features of the Hotel. The valet parking facility is really efficient & reasonably priced for a city centre Hotel.

We enjoyed drinks in the executive lounge (thanks Rachel) as well as breakfast.

The spa was great we really enjoyed our experience.

This really is the only place to stay in Cardiff with a fantastic location & wonderful staff.

We'll be back for sure - highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Cardiff.

A big thank you for another fabulous review of the hotel and it is always great to read such lovely comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for an Easter break. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant. We got there for half 4 as check in was after 3, to find out the room wasn't quite ready, but they managed to get us into a room that was ready. The room was on the small side as we had two beds in the room, but we managed. The bathroom was very nice and spacious had a bath and a separate shower. The room was very quiet especially at night which is what we wanted. The breakfast was nice and lots to choose from. The pool was lovely and clean. Check out was quick and easy. Really like the valet parking so we didn't have to mess around with parking the car. This is our second visit to this hotel and we have enjoyed both visits. It's at a really good location for shops, restaurants and pubs. We will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

It was great to welcome you back to the Hilton Cardiff for the Easter break.

I am so pleased that once again you enjoyed your visit and I do appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive review of our hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit.