“Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here recently for one Sunday night. The hotel is well placed, close to Cardiff Castle and the city centre. It is about 10 minutes' walk to Cardiff Central station.

My room was spacious and the facilities within good, with a large bathroom with separate bath and large shower cubicle.

The reception staff were helpful and I purchased breakfast and dinner vouchers for £12 and £15 respectively. Whilst the breakfast was the standard buffet fare, the dinner was excellent with 3 enjoyable courses.

I would stay again at the hotel if I could secure the rate I paid on this occasion, which was £74.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your first class review following your visit to Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed there for two nights. room was large and comfortable. some small niggles though. reading lights on headboard did not work. coffee sachets not replenished. no costing given for use of minibar, even though there was an implication that it was a freebie. haing to pay 20£ a night just to have your car parked. some of the hot food at breakfast was decidedly not hot.
however, the staff were pleasant and courteous.
would i stay there again? maybe, but pricing is a little steep overall.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your email.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location the large and comfortable room and our friendly team. I am however very sorry to hear of the small niggles you experienced at the hotel and for any inconvenience caused to you.

I do hope that you will visit us here in Cardiff again and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stay date...9th till 11th may 2014

upon arrival at the hotel a door man helped carry my bag, my boyfriend and I went to check in which was quick and easy.
We were on the fourth floor, the room very spacious and the bathroom made us both gasp and go wow, its big with a bath and a very big walk in shower. The room has a mini fridge which obviously you will get charged for if use any of the drinks provided but it is nice as it has a space in there for your own personal use which is very nice.
Teas and coffees are provided with milk and sugars, a wide variety too.
there is a spacious cupboard which has an iron and ironing board n hangers.
a safe is in the room for valuables.
the tv was good with lots of channel choices and radio, we loved how it had welcome and your name on the screen..nice little touch.
Hairdryer is provided.
we were a bit worried as the room overlooked outside nr pubs n clubs BUT ....noise? What noise? We hardly heard anything. What we did hear was quiet n muffled.
the shower is out of this world, I didn't want to get out lol. Nice soaps etc provided too.
the bed is nice and had really good nights sleep. Didn't hear a thing, not even doors or anything.
the hotel is close to shops and a great destination.
we didn't use the swimming pool or gym etc but could see them from the lovely glass lift and the gym n swimming pool look of a nice size.
we didn't eat in hotel but looked nice.
upon getting ready to checkout we noticed a letter and bill had been slipped under the room door. It gives you option of no checkout had you wanted to stay longer.
When looking at it, we saw we had been charged 20 quid for food at the hotels restaurant, we hadn't eaten there. So upon checking out we mentioned this and they think it might have been someone forgot room number or something. We got told it would be sorted so hope so!!!
We hope to one day return to this amazing hotel.
lovely staff, lovely room. Thanks for a brilliant stay

Dear Natalie,

A big thank you for your fantastic review.

It is always a pleasure to read you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and your great comments regarding our facilties and the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was taken for afternoon tea by my daughters as a late birthday treat. It was lovely! Four very nicely filled triple decker sandwiches each, cream and jam scones, welsh cakes, macaroons, fondant cakes and chocolate cake and carrot cake - yum! Cakes were small but very adequate. Individual teapots and we were asked if we need a refill.
We all left feeing very full!
Very good afternoon tea with a lovely outlook on Cardiff castle. Must say we had a voucher and it was excellent value but I am not aware how much a full payment for tea would be but this was excellent! I would certainly go again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CardiffBeachbums
CWLCardiff, PA to General Maanger at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
It was our pleasure to welcome you to our Razzi Restaurant with your Daughter's for your Birthday treat !

Your lovely feedback regarding your Afternoon Tea is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team here in Cardiff. We have a fantastic selection of Afternoon Tea's here at the hotel with Traditional Cream Tea from £12.00 per person to a Rose Afternoon Tea from £22.00 per person and there are also great themed teas.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had one of the executive rooms which was excellent. Access to the Executive Lounge was well worth the room price and staff were always so friendly.

The only negative was the spa. It is far too small for the size of the hotel which led to insufficient room in the changing rooms or within the facilities themselves

Overall - great hotel but avoid the spa

Room Tip: The executive rooms are well worth the price
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am so pleased to read your comments regarding the hotel and the team here in Cardiff take great pride in your feedback. I have also noted your comments regarding the Escape Spa and please do accept my apologies, this information has been passed our our Spa Manager.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

When I arrived for the first night of a 2 night stay I was immediately greeted by a senior manager, apologising profusely, but explaining that there had been a problem with some rooms, so that I would have to move to The Thistle for that night. (My review of the The Thistle appears separately). I was assured that I would have a room at the Hilton for the second night, indeed I would be upgraded by way of recompense. The manager (a lady) offered to walk me to The Thistle, although I did not accept the offer.

The next day I was allocated a 7th floor room with a view over Cardiff Castle. The room was very large, the bed very comfortable and the large bathroom had a bath and a good shower. This was all very welcome. There were one or two two slight surprises: in an otherwise extremely well equipped shower room, the shower had a very plastic floor. There were only four radio channels available on the television, with Radio 1 and 2 being the only BBC stations offered. This did surprise me.

There is also the continual question over charging for wifi at Hilton hotels (although I use my dongle in the UK).

The Executive Club was comfortable, although when using this kind of facility one gets used to 1st Battalion The Gannets apparently trying to stock up with food to last them for the next few days. I also finally realised that I had become an old buffer on deciding that middle-aged men drinking lager in a facility of this kind (several lagers actually) really shouldn't need to drink it from the bottle.

It is not these points which have led to my grading the hotel as very good rather than excellent overall, nor do I have any criticism of the way in which the problem over the availability of rooms was handled. In 2014 the wifi issue is important, and enough on its own to push an hotel with many excellent points down one grade.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed for two nights. Really clean and well equipped rooms. Excellent front of house staff. Good breakfasts. Hotel location is great for the City Centre and is just at the edge of the pedestrian area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business