“Very friendly, good location”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great facilities, good view of the castle. Friendly and helpful service, value for money. Location great for shopping, museums, restaurants and entertainment. Would recommend this hotel for a lovely weekend break.

Room Tip: Parking can be expensive.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your first class review following your visit to Cardiff.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed 28 May 2014

my wife and i stayed here on May 9 2014 just by chance we asked to upgrade, the hotel had nothing on the next room upgrade but only a junior suite at the same price. It was worth every penny,the room was fantastic and the executive lounge was fab mainly to the lovely host to whom nothing was too much trouble many thanks to Cardiff hilton

Room Tip: upgrade to an executive room and enjoy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your first class review following your visit to Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly reception staff , speedy check in and out and great service throughout. My only real complaint was that my King room was inside facing - and the room was a little gloomy. But comfy beds, amazing bathrooms and really nice complimentary toiletries ...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheatreTravel2010

Thank you for your first class review following your visit to Cardiff.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We are a family with 3 children ages 11,8 and 1. We were staying in family deluxe room with breakfast and dinner.
Location is good for shopping and Cardiff Castle, about half hour walk to the Bay.
Room was reasonably sized with two double beds, nice size bathroom with bath and shower.
Decor is nice as what you would expect and in general it was pleasant stay. However there were few minor details that were not up to scratch - like for a large family like us bathroom essentials were in deficit - small tube of each:shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and soap bar - considering that there are five people - it is not enough. Another thing that we are used to when staying with Hilton is bath robes and slippers - none of these present at all, which was a bit of a let down as was poor selection of teas - two sachets again is not enough for a family.Kettle itself had a crack exposing light bulb on the handle and in the bath, knob to change from bath to shower setting in the tub was missing.
On the plus side all staff were extremely pleasant and understanding of the noises our little one produced and tried to help as much as they could.
Pool and sauna were very busy in the afternoon, but in the morning only few people were there and selection of floats definitely deserve thumbs up.
Now on to meals - selection of dishes was good however my place dish and my husbands sea bass although were sounding great on the menu were lacking in execution and I would strongly advise against them, kids pasta and pizza were much better with pizza winning overall in look and taste among our choices of mains. Deserts were better: we had ice cream, apple pie with mascarpone and lemon tart - out of which apple pie was our favorite even though could do with more mascarpone.
Breakfast was good, would recommend!
Overall average, good service

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

Your constructive comments are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the team so that we can make further improvements for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for the Heineken cup final. The service here was excellent starting with the valet parking which was hassle free and a great arrangement. Our room was spacious, with a large bathroom and wonderful shower - instant hot water and a decent size. The bed was comfortable and the room was in great order.
Breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel with a huge choice. We also ate here after the match (& drowned our sorrows!) and the food was again excellent. This hotel is very well staffed and all the staff we came across were very very friendly and helpful especially the man that had to come and sort out the safe in our room, which was down to our user incompetence and not malfunction!
Location is wonderful, right in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the Millennium stadium. Our room overlooked the castle.
My only complaint would be the exorbitant internet charge. £15 per day to be able to use it in the room. It is free in the lobby and bar but sometimes you just want to be able to send an email off late at night without having to get in the lift and use the lobby. Because of the rugby we paid a lot lot more than the "usual price" which we expected and I'm not complaining about, but free wifi would have nice even if it was an hour free a day.

Room Tip: A room opposite the castle
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GillyT

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Thea reasons I first picked this hotel were: the location, the price, parking availability and the good reviews I have read about it. Well I am very happy with it, nice room, spacious and clean, comfortable bed and friendly staff, so I just want to give my contribution as others before me!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onofvv

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found our central location to your liking.

Kind regards
Louisa Stride
PA to General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I am from Cardiff so it was lovely to come down on my own for a few days to visit my friend from school. I chose a hotel in town as we wanted to go shopping and I wanted a hotel with a pool as well. My car was taken away and looked after during my stay. I was on the sixth floor overlooking the castle and had use of the executive room on the top floor, where I had breakfast. I really cant fault anything about my stay. The staff were impeccably polite, the lovely friendly valets who took my car for me and the one who brought it back really made me feel homesick with his Cardiff accent!! The food was excellent, and I enjoyed two trips to the pool while I was there. The central location is great, as I had a look around the museum as well. It is free to go in thanks to the Welsh Assembly abolishing admission charges. The welsh folk museum is free as well and is worth a visit even though it is a trip out. You still have to pay to go into the Castle though, but never mind, you cant have everything! Thank you for making me so welcome. It wasn't cheap, but, as a treat it was worth every penny. I will be back!

Room Tip: The sixth floor rooms overlooking the castle are worth paying a bit extra for, and you have use of t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
CWLCardiff, PA to GM at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014