“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

From check-in to check-out, the service was fantastic, staff were welcoming and helpful, and the room comfortable and clean. We thought parking might be a problem, but no... Valet parking is available a bit pricey, but so are the local car parks. We will definately be staying again!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

PA to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed one night with my daughter at the hotel whilst attending a concert in Cardiff. The room was very comfortable and the service at the hotel was very good. It was also very close to all ammenties.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cardiff following your trip to the City with your Daughter.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was visiting Cardiff on business and stayed two nights and the reservation had been made on my behalf. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent location with the proximity to the university and the lovely view of the castle form my room. From the outset I was favourably impressed with the staff who were very friendly and attentive. My room was of generous proportions and very comfortable. I was intrigued to find that the minibar was not stocked at all! The bed was very comfortable and I did not want to get up in the morning. Perhaps because I was on the castle side, I had no problems at all from rowdy revellers in the street below.
The pool and leisure centre was quite well appointed, but as I enjoy 'power-walking' in the water, the very slippery floor of the pool was very disconcerting and made the experience rather disappointing, which was a shame because in every other respect the pool was lovely. The restaurant menu is quite extensive, although healthier options are a little difficult to find. The most delicious meal I had was an excellent chargrilled chicken caesar salad. Breakfast was good, with quite a wide range of options, although I have to say that the coffee was average and tasted as if it had been made for some time. Overall, the Hilton provided most of what I needed, was clean, comfortable and was a haven.

Room Tip: Apparently, it is best to have a room on the Castle side as there is less street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Anthony P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us.

Your fantastic comments regarding our Hotel, location, view from your room, your caesar salad and our breakfast is an absolutely pleasure to read- thank you.

I have noted your feedback regarding our pool flooring and more healtheir options on our food menus which I have shared with my team so that we can further improve our service to our customers. May I thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have stayed at the Cardiff Hilton a few times, we normally stay in the Executive suites. This allows you to enjoy the free bar between 6-8pm which includes nibbles and canopes.

The most impressive thing is the views of Cardiff, over looking the Castle - at night you can sleep with the curtains open and its beautiful.

The rooms have also just recently been updated - very nice.

Room Tip: Pay extra and go for the Executive suites with free drinks in the lounge.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 0KrisC
Dear 0KrisC,

What a fantastic review!! Thank you so much for your lovely comments and indeed our executive lounge is extremely popular and all of our guests love this facility.

You are indeed correct as our views from our Executive deluxe and King/Twin Deluxe rooms of the Castle are breathtaking and again these rooms are our most popular! I wonder why!!

Thank you again for your fanfastic review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Hilton is very centrally situated in Cardiff but the downside of this is that at night it is very noisy. Even up on the 7th floor, the noise from the streets below could be heard until the early hours. There are a lot of hen parties! The room was good but staying there is quite expensive, not least because there is an extortionate charge for wi fi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Victoria,

I am sorry to read of your dissappointing comments regarding your stay with us and I am sorry for the obvious inconvenience caused to you.

Unfortunately being a City Centre Hotel we do experience external noise which is out of our control and we are working very closely with the council and noise pollution teams to mimimise disruption to our guests. I have passed on your valuable comments to them.

Please do contact me personally when you have made your next booking with us via Rachel.Cornelius@hilton.com and I will ensure you are allocated a room overlooking the Castle.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hilton is a lovely hotel, we got there early 11 am after booking an early arrival and we had a lovely room 501 overlooking Cardiff Castle which was large, very clean and spacious. The bed was also very large, very comfortable and room was very quiet all through our stay. We had room service which was excellent, but had a surprise with a tray charge of £5? The food was very good and but expensive, never mind we were hungry and in our Spa robes. The Shower was great, and the staff were friendly and curtious. We were there because our son had bought us a Spa day for Christmas, and while the Hotel was excellent it was let down by the so called Spa tucked away on the 2nd floor. The Staff though nice were disorganised and we felt like sheep being herded in and out. The facilities were about what you would find in a Leisure Centre and nothing special! The Steam room was at normal room temp and the dry room was too hot, the swimming pool was nice at 1.2m deep but now I know how a lobster feels like as it was Stainless Steel. Don't get me wrong the Hotel, room and Staff were excellent, but the Spa is not a Spa but a gym/leisure Centre that has a couple of therapists that carry out treatments in a small room they squeezed in, a bit of an after thought. I am sorry I can't judge the restaurant as the reviews were not great so popped in Jamie's who also didn't have great reviews but I must say we had a fantastic meal.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit to the hotel, our location and your refurbished bedroom. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with the facilities in our health club and that this did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the first experience on-line to the welcoming reception staff and enthusiatic bell boy, to the bar man, in-room dining staff, cleaner and check out cashier, this could not have been a better experience and what a surprise from what I had thought would be a mid-ranking experience from a chain hotel. It was quite the opposite - top class and I'd highly recommend for business or pleasure. Conveniently located to the station, good efficient staff, decent food and a good coffee in the bar. It's also just over the road from the great museum and art gallery and seemed close to the shops. Toiletries were plentiful, bathroom was large, bed comfortable and the whole place was clean. One issue could have been that our room overlooked the Atrium where a noisy party was taking place but it did not stop us sleeping, probably because the bed was so comfortable! I'd ask for an outside room next time just in case.

Dear Pamela F,

Wow what a fantastic review to read and may I thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

Your fantastic comments regarding our team of staff along with our location and Hotel has been shared with the whole team which they were thrilled to read- Thank you!

I am sorry that you were disturbed by internal noise from a function taking place at the Hotel and please do personally contact me via Rachel.cornelius@hilton.com when you have made your next booking with us and I will ensure you are allocated an outside room.