“Great stay”

Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great stay no complaints at all high standard as ever from Hilton! Nice big room quiet location great service from all staff I can I came into contact with. Great knowledge of local area, food was great although a tad pricey but standard for such a chain of hotels. All in all a great stay in comfortable surroundings

• Stayed: June 2014
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Jellybean1111,

WOW what a fantastic review - just what we like to receive.

All of your comments regarding our rooms, location, service and team of staff are a pleasure to receive and your review has been passed onto the whole team- thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Rachel Cornelius
Guest Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Concierge staff all very helpful with luggage and parking. Reception didnt offer newspapers- maybe they dont do them. New bar is a bit noisy, old Steam bar is changed to Costa Coffee. Restaurant chef at breakfast was very helpful cooking to order althought it was close to 11 am, waitresses a bit harassed with a pending Fathers Day lunch and service was not what it should have been. Pool is great, location is perfect for Cardiff city centre. My regular Cardiff hotel of choice providing I can get the right price. This time was very good value.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Castle side have best view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Travelfromhampshire,

Thank you for your amazing review on our Hotel following your recent stay.

All of your comments were delightful to read and they have all been passed onto the whole team which they were thrilled to receive.

I can confirm that complimentary newspapers are available at our concierge desk throughout the day and I am sorry that you did not see them unless they had all gone at the time you were looking for them.

I was sorry to read of your comment regarding the dissappointing service you experienced in our Restaurant and please be assured such issues are certainly not indicative of our normal high levels of service. Thank you again for your great review and comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Rachel Cornelius
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here recently for two nights on business. Room was nice with a lovely view over to the castle. Breakfast was very good, with delicious scrambled eggs! Also ate there for dinner but that was average, I have a "don't eat in hotel restaurant" policy normally, and this experience reinforced that, but I was with work and had no choice.
I also used the pool which was very nice, and with clean changing rooms. Location was very convenient for the shops, castle and a nice park behind the castle and did prompt me to think I might come with family for a weekend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking and it was great to read your comments regarding the room and breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel Staff were outstanding. Location was great - right beside a castle and walking distance to eat and drink! Room was clean and bigger than most hotel rooms in Europe. Concierge desk set up trips and made recommendations for Dinner and outings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Pamela,

A big thank for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Wales and the facilities in our hotel and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

If I was visiting Cardiff again would definitely stay here. Right beside the Castle the location really is perfect. Very close to the shops and less then a 10 minute walk to the main restaurant and bar streets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The leisure facilities were also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to read that you enoyed the hotel and everything was to your liking.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Room location and service was very good. However access to wifi was only complimentary if I provided my card details which I didnt want to. Price for two for breakfast was a ridiculous amount I was told it was 17 before I sat down and I thought together thats not bad but no 17 pounds each! Absolutely disgusted will not come here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you four your feedback.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with WIFI and the connection process in the hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and your constructive comments will be taken on board. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

From check-in to check-out, the service was fantastic, staff were welcoming and helpful, and the room comfortable and clean. We thought parking might be a problem, but no... Valet parking is available a bit pricey, but so are the local car parks. We will definately be staying again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.