Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,446 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecastle viewafternoon teaopposite the castlehealth clubwalk in showerjunior suitesteam roomlarge bathroomwelsh cakesper nightcity centresaturday nightbreakfast was excellentleisure facilitiescar parkingmillennium stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Standard Hilton Fare - decent, spacious room. Crowded breakfast area with tastier options near the hotel at 20% of the Hilton Cost.
V busy with Hen and Stag Do's and other events within the hotel which tended to crowd the communal area.
An eye watering £75 for 10 days WIFI or £15 for 24 hours - when are hotels going to learn that Wifi is one of the most important item for guests paying £125+ per night?
Excellent location and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quarterj
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I would like to say thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cardiff.

It was really great to read that you enjoyed the central location and our the superb service you received by all the team here in the hotel. I have also noted your feedback regarding the WIFI service in the hotel and we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Hilto Cardiff

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked an Executive Room at Cardiff and was very disappointed when I actually entered the room. It was small, only just room enough for the King Size Bed and one small arm chair and small coffee table. The Bed was comfortable, but that was about the best of it. There was a Safe but it was so close to the floor that it could only be operated by kneeling and then bending forward but it was so close to the entrance door that it was virtually impossible to use. The shower cubicle was placed in a recess so that the entrance space was limited to about 400mm, the doors were on the corner of the cubicle but being in a recess the width of only one door was effective. The was a kettle for making tea and coffee but only enough tea bags for one cup per person per day, no biscuits. The Executive Lounge was very good.

The best part of the hotel was the staff, they were helpful, mannerly and really excellent. The food in the Restaurant was well priced as was the wine.

I would not stay at this hotel again unless they gave me a larger room, they said all the executive rooms were all the same size so that rules out another visit.

Room Tip: Save money and stay in a standard room. They appear to be the same size except that you do not get the Executive Lounge but a good Breakfast can be had at Browns Brasserie adjacent to the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abogail

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the size of your executive bedroom and we're very sorry you were unhappy as we normally receive great comments regarding these rooms. We we will certainly take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

LOCATION: Good central location. Close to Cardiff Castle and taxi fare to Cardiff Central Station is only around £5.

ROOM: I had booked a King Deluxe With View and was not disappointed with the quality of the furnishings. The room was spacious and clean. Little details have been taken care of such as ensuring there was a plug next to the bed to charge your phone. The well-stocked minibar is electronic so if you pick anything up you will be charged. The iron worked and the hairdryer was sufficient. AC was good.

BED: Comfortable king size bed with a range of pillows. I was relieved to finally find a hotel which actually provides a king size mattress rather than zipping two together!

BATHROOM: The spacious bathroom had a large shower, bath and nice toiletries.

DINNER: Nice three course meal. The atmosphere was relaxed and you did not feel rushed. I had prepaid for dinner in advance and there was sufficient choice. The staff are helpful in telling you appoint the supplemented options. The only thing to remember is beverages are not included and you have to sign a receipt before you leave the restaurant.

BREAKFAST: Excellent choice for vegetarians too with hot and cold options. A good spread of croissants, pastries, yoghurts, fruits and fresh fruit juices. I had a rather enjoyable breakfast opposite the castle.

SLEEP QUALITY & IMPROVEMENTS: I was woken up by the cleaning trolleys outside my room so perhaps the noise levels should be monitored at night within the hotel. Could have done with an extendable mirror for makeup in the bathroom. Wifi should be free. Would like more tea/coffee options as they were very basic.

OVERALL: I would definitely return to this hotel next time I am in Cardiff. The staff are helpful and it is generally a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the cleaners/staff room to avoid being woken up by the trolleys
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to GM at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking and it was really great to read your detailed review of the hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and a big thank you once again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well located at the edge of the town centre close to Cardiff Castle and Bute Park. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and our room was well equipped with a very generous sized bathroom. For the price we paid (£120 / night B&B) we felt it was good value but then they charged for wi fi which didn't ruin the ship but why be so niggardly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMB347
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the service and standards in our hotel to your liking. I have also noted your comments about WIFI and we will certainly take these on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his 21st birthday.

All staff were very helpful and polite and the decorations in the hotel were beautiful.

The room was lovely and very spacious however as we stayed over on a Saturday night going to sleep was hard as there were sirens, people fighting, shouting and swearing outside and a lot of cars going past so coming back home we didn't feel rested as we expected to be.

We couldn't wait to get into the spa however we were disappointed, there was holes in the ceiling, the drain was sticking out and my boyfriend tripped over it and cut his foot. When we were in the sauna the fire alarm sounded and we got evacuated so we were outside, in the middle of Cardiff, on a cold November's day in our swim wear - we didn't get handed blankets until we were going back inside.

Then when leaving I was paying for the bill and got charged £18 for keeping my car in your car park or garage (I don't know where it was taken) which I wasn't told I would be charged for. If I knew we would have been charged that much we would have got the train down.

I wouldn't stay in this hotel again because if was too expensive for what you get. I could have paid less and had a much better hotel, I feel we paid the price just for the name.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie D

Dear Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy on this occasion.

Please do contact our Guest Relations Manager, rachel.cornelius@hilton.com if you would like to discuss this any further.

We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.