“CENTRAL LOCATION, GREAT STAY!”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“CENTRAL LOCATION, GREAT STAY!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Recently I stayed in this great 5 star hotel with my family. I booked family deluxe double room. It's double beds are so comfortable and with a good view of the city from the fifth floor. We had our dinner at Razzi restaurant, really we it's fabulous. Breakfast as usual Hilton quality. Mainly the location of the hotel very convenient to explore the city. Overall we enjoy the stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Prem K
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
A big thank you for your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit on this occasion and I really do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hilton Cardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Hilton Cardiff is very well-paced for access to the city centre. The hotel staff were all extremely helpful. Rooms are excellent and very clean. Breakfast is very good. Great views across the road to the castle. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I love this hotel, I won't stay anywhere else in wales. As a diamond member I normally get free room upgrades and have stayed in the exec rooms and junior suites here. All my rooms have been fab, food is great and breakfast to, ask chef if you want poached eggs or omelette.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank volkswarren
Thank you it is great to read that you love our hotel.

I am pleased to hear you find the bedrooms, service and food to your liking and thanks for your suggestions and recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

london
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Standard Hilton Fare - decent, spacious room. Crowded breakfast area with tastier options near the hotel at 20% of the Hilton Cost.
V busy with Hen and Stag Do's and other events within the hotel which tended to crowd the communal area.
An eye watering £75 for 10 days WIFI or £15 for 24 hours - when are hotels going to learn that Wifi is one of the most important item for guests paying £125+ per night?
Excellent location and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quarterj
I would like to say thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cardiff.

It was really great to read that you enjoyed the central location and our the superb service you received by all the team here in the hotel. I have also noted your feedback regarding the WIFI service in the hotel and we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Hilto Cardiff
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked an Executive Room at Cardiff and was very disappointed when I actually entered the room. It was small, only just room enough for the King Size Bed and one small arm chair and small coffee table. The Bed was comfortable, but that was about the best of it. There was a Safe but it was so close to the floor that it could only be operated by kneeling and then bending forward but it was so close to the entrance door that it was virtually impossible to use. The shower cubicle was placed in a recess so that the entrance space was limited to about 400mm, the doors were on the corner of the cubicle but being in a recess the width of only one door was effective. The was a kettle for making tea and coffee but only enough tea bags for one cup per person per day, no biscuits. The Executive Lounge was very good.

The best part of the hotel was the staff, they were helpful, mannerly and really excellent. The food in the Restaurant was well priced as was the wine.

I would not stay at this hotel again unless they gave me a larger room, they said all the executive rooms were all the same size so that rules out another visit.

Room Tip: Save money and stay in a standard room. They appear to be the same size except that you do not get...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abogail

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the size of your executive bedroom and we're very sorry you were unhappy as we normally receive great comments regarding these rooms. We we will certainly take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

LOCATION: Good central location. Close to Cardiff Castle and taxi fare to Cardiff Central Station is only around £5.

ROOM: I had booked a King Deluxe With View and was not disappointed with the quality of the furnishings. The room was spacious and clean. Little details have been taken care of such as ensuring there was a plug next to the bed to charge your phone. The well-stocked minibar is electronic so if you pick anything up you will be charged. The iron worked and the hairdryer was sufficient. AC was good.

BED: Comfortable king size bed with a range of pillows. I was relieved to finally find a hotel which actually provides a king size mattress rather than zipping two together!

BATHROOM: The spacious bathroom had a large shower, bath and nice toiletries.

DINNER: Nice three course meal. The atmosphere was relaxed and you did not feel rushed. I had prepaid for dinner in advance and there was sufficient choice. The staff are helpful in telling you appoint the supplemented options. The only thing to remember is beverages are not included and you have to sign a receipt before you leave the restaurant.

BREAKFAST: Excellent choice for vegetarians too with hot and cold options. A good spread of croissants, pastries, yoghurts, fruits and fresh fruit juices. I had a rather enjoyable breakfast opposite the castle.

SLEEP QUALITY & IMPROVEMENTS: I was woken up by the cleaning trolleys outside my room so perhaps the noise levels should be monitored at night within the hotel. Could have done with an extendable mirror for makeup in the bathroom. Wifi should be free. Would like more tea/coffee options as they were very basic.

OVERALL: I would definitely return to this hotel next time I am in Cardiff. The staff are helpful and it is generally a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the cleaners/staff room to avoid being woken up by the trolleys
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to GM at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking and it was really great to read your detailed review of the hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and a big thank you once again.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well located at the edge of the town centre close to Cardiff Castle and Bute Park. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and our room was well equipped with a very generous sized bathroom. For the price we paid (£120 / night B&B) we felt it was good value but then they charged for wi fi which didn't ruin the ship but why be so niggardly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JMB347
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the service and standards in our hotel to your liking. I have also noted your comments about WIFI and we will certainly take these on board.