“Great location”

Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed one night in July 2014. The hotel is in an good location a 15 minute walk from the train station right by the Castle. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, showers are superb. Take out breakfast and coffee provided as I was leaving early the next morning. Sadly no free Wi-Fi, which is poor in this day and age even Weatherspoon's has free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
A big thank you for your review and your great feedback.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our central location and the service you received from the team. I am very sorry that you experienced problems with WIFI and for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. Complimentary WIFI is available on our ground floor and in our business centre for guest's to take advantage of.

I really do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

Hilton Cardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peterborough
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arriving after a slow crawl along the A30 from Cornwall enroute to the British Speedway GP time was tight, with trailer attached would we make the start?
Cue George the Parking chap who along with his other excellent 'Front of house' colleague guided us into the tiny parking area, offered to help us with our baggage and then whisked our car off to who knows where in return for a tiny yellow ticket! Our check in was smooth and we made the GP in plenty of time. The Welsh sure know how to throw a great party and the Hilton Brand are experts and getting the small details right!
Oh, the room was superb - cavernous with a bed the size of a village and a shower for 4! (We're not into that!)
Adam in the bar was another example of the Hilton experience - offering great service with a smile.
Maggie and I were relaxed from the minute we arrived in that little parking space.
It was quite expensive but for an important event at the end of a wonderful holiday - priceless!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review following your stay with us for the Speedway in Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived after awful journey up from the Lizard and was cutting it fine for the British Speedway GP in the nearby Millenium Stadium. Do the Welsh know how to throw a great party, yes they most certainly do. Anyway, having fought (not in a violent sense) through the traffic we arrived outside the Hotel front door to be met by George the doorman responsible for guest parking and his equally impressive colleague, they just took my car and parked ot somewhere (no ideas were, in return for a yellow ticket), leaving us free to drop our bags into our cavernous room and dash off for a methanol fix.
I do hope they were hotel employees and not impostors collecting cars!
Anyway, stay here, it's worth it.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Hilton Cardiff

I am pleased to hear you found everying to your liking in the hotel and enjoyed the Welsh hospitality and atmosphere in Wales for the Speedway.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Only paid £60 a night for two of us to stay here and it was definitely worth the price! Room was well equipped and the large bed was very comfortable. Pool, jacuzzi and sauna were very nice and the staff were always on hand to help even when we staggered in around 4am having had one too many! Air con didn't work which was my only complaint although of we were staying more then 1 night we would have complained and I'm sure they would have done something about it! Best thy about the hotel is it's location. Bang opposite the castle it's literally right in the centre of Cardiff close to the shops, restaurant and night clubs, and of course where the megabus drops you off!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
A big thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent visit to Cardiff.

It is always great to read such fantastic comments regarding our hotel and I am so pleased that you enjoyed our location and our facilities and I do hope you enjoyed your evening in the City!

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I didn't get an opportunity to stay over night at the Hilton, however I went to the Hilton for afternoon tea and bubbly for two people.

Great selection of food and the staff were prompt, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Tamsinbest,

Thank you for your 5* review regarding your Champagne Afternoon Tea. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Washington DC
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was amazed at how superb the customer service was! Not only were we able to check into our room 3 hours early, but the room was super clean and modern. I have no complaints, other than the weather just being okay...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear babyphat2008

Wow that you for your perfect 5* review. I am delighted to see that your room was ready early for you and enjoyed our brand new rooms!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again very soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had a room where the electric kept tripping and I mean kept on tripping so I couldn't use any of the sockets and of course the TV didn't work. The staff did keep resetting but it still tripped. Second night I moved rooms, which I did myself (though help was offered) at just before midnight. Most of the staff were very helpful and I am told to contact the manager before I stay again. I'm confident the next stay will live up to the usual high standards I've experienced before.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank s30wen
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear S30wen

Thank you for your review and unfortuantely there was no contact details on your booking for me to contact you to apologise for the problems you experienced during your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies over the constant issue you experienced with the trip switches in your room and for the obvious dissatisfaction and frustration caused to you. This matter has been fully investigated as it is happening in several of our guest bedrooms and I delighted to confirm that we have resolved the issue. We have just installed brand new fridges in all bedrooms which is causing the switches to reset. I am so sorry for the disappointment as I know you stay with us regularly and with your family. Please do contact me via Rachel.cornelius@hilton.com when you are returning and I will personally ensure all is in order for you.

We look forward to seeing you soon.