“Will definitely go back!”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ammanford
“Will definitely go back!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our room was clean, comfy and spacious - we especially loved the bathroom which was a lovely size having both a bath and shower. The restaurant was excellent, we enjoyed both our evening meal and breakfast. The staff were friendly and very helpful, honestly can't find one fault with this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Cardiff.

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel and it is so great to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

Hilton Cardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Swansea
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the junior suite which was lovely, we also had access to the executive lounge which is situated on the 7th floor and great views over the castle and museum, they serve free tea, coffee and soft drinks all day, accompanied by a variety of cakes and small snacks, and free bar 6-8. this alone was a great part of our stay, it was very relaxed and comfortable, just what was needed. Staff were all very friendly from booking in, to checking out and regularly asked if they could help. Nothing was too much of a problem. We'll only stay here on our monthly visit to Cardiff, from now on.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

It was so great to read your lovely comments regarding the hotel and the service your received from the team and that you found everything to your liking.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

essex
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Somewhat dissappointing with a lacklustre and 4 star inflated 'hilton' brand image!! Not a 4 star hotel!! A city centre gaff catering to hen parties, weddings, and weekender families! I stayed in a disabled room (as last room) and had no little extras like other 4 star hotels! No coffee machine just yr standard sachet and kettle! Air con was flimsy, jacuzzi in pool area did not work and room basic! Buffet breakfast was average! More standard 3 × than a 4 ×!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry to hear your unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and I apologise that the jacuzzi was not in operation during your stay but this has now been resolved by our maintenance team.

I do hope that you will consider staying again with us in the future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hilton as a chain has brilliant properties across the globe. The reason I am giving a review to this one specifically coz I think it is the best in Cardiff. It has got the perfect location - heart of the city, opposite the caste and middle of the market with lots of pubs around. And if you are an Executive Hilton Club member, you enjoy the wonderful executive lounge at the hotel with beautiful views during breakfast and evening drinks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your first class review following your visit to Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business during a heat wave. I would expect water in guest rooms and internet access as a standard but not so here. The cost of internet access (£14.99 per night!)is extortionate & cannot be justified, especially as other hotels nearby offer this (and more) as standard. Parking also way overpriced. I reported my shower not working one morning and was impressed when I returned that evening to find a platter of fresh fruit
In my room. However when I opened the accompanying letter it was addressed to someone else. I raised this at reception and was told the fruit had been delivered to the wrong room. When I got back later they had been into my room and removed the fruit!! This was then delivered to someone else (who happened to be a colleague) but she had no idea why she'd been given it as she hadn't complained about anything. Looks like the fruit was mine after all! I was honestly shocked that they took it back & gave it to someone else. Couldn't the Hilton stretch to a fresh platter?! This summed up the mean atmosphere of the whole place. Trying to charge me £20 a night for parking a car I didn't have when I checked out was typical of the disorganisation at this hotel. I'm returning to Cardiff in September for 3 weeks but I definitely won't stay here & several of my colleagues are cancelling and booking elsewhere also. We all stayed at different hotels in Cardiff the previous week and all preferred the other hotels. Mine offered fresh juice in reception which was lovely and made me felt I was welcome and valued. I never felt that way at the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014
It is really disappointing to read your review and I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies that you were unhappy with your visit on this occasion.

I understand that our Guest Relations Manager has been in touch with you direct regarding your experience and is investigating these issues further.

I do hope that we can fully restore your confidence and welcome you back on a future occasion.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Hilton is in a great spot in the City Centre, within easy walking distance of the shops, University, castle, and other main attractions. The staff are very welcoming and helped us out with taxis to a funeral. The swimming pool is of a very decent size, although the sauna room seemed a bit cramped; didn't manage to get to the steam room or other spa options, unfortunately.
The room was spacious, with a massive TV, and I particularly liked the option of a separate bath and shower.
Quibbles? In comparison to other hotel chains, I was surprised at the small toiletries on offer ( and which were not replaced on our second day), similarly we had to ask for more toilet paper (not something I'd expect at Hilton prices). The fact that there were no biscuits with the tea/coffee making facilities was curious, as was the availabilty of only one teaspoon to two cups. The high price for in-room wifi should be reconsidered, given that many hotels now supply for free (even if already free in the public areas).

Room Tip: Although there was a concert on at the castle, the double glazing is pretty good so, with earplugs...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathryn W
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit, our facilities and central location. I am so sorry that your toiletries and paper was not replenished on the second day and I would like to reassure you that this is not the norm here in the hotel. We would be more than happy to organise extra toiletries for you in your bathroom on your next visit, please do let one of the team know before your arrival.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Cardiff.
Sussex, England
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We really liked this hotel. Location is superb, the room was great and the views from the Executive (7th) floor are wonderful, across the Castle, with views of the cricket and rugby stadia. Breakfast was excellent too. Our only complaint concerned the valet parking. We required our car twice; on the first occasion, the wrong car was fetched! The owners name was the same and by coincidence, the numbers on our ticket were reversed on the owner of the other cars, but even so.... On the second occasion, on checking out, we were told it would be 5 minutes, so we waited outside. After 15 minutes, I went back in to enquire, to discover that the keys were still at reception and had been overlooked! Staff were very polite and apologetic, but I would expect more from such a fine hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I was delighted to read your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am so sorry to read of the issue you experienced with your valet car parking and for any inconvenience this caused to you but I was pleased that overall you really enjoyed your stay.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.