Hilton Cardiff
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,475 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecastle viewafternoon teaopposite the castlehealth clubwalk in showerjunior suitesteam roomlarge bathroomwelsh cakesper nightcity centresaturday nightbreakfast was excellentleisure facilitiescar parkingmillennium stadium
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A fine hotel in an excellent location. You can pay a little extra for food etc, but it's definitely worth it! I slept in the best bed (we had a twin - they were 2 large singles) and the shower was second to none too. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Alex R,

Wow what a fab review... we wouldn't has asked for a better one!!

Your comments are truly fantastic and thank you- we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lovely clean room overlooking the castle and very comfortable bed....great Hotel, however, nothing to do with hotel but city clock can be heard chiming every half hour from this room !, did keep me awake as light sleeper. Staff were friendly and car valet great as parked outside the main doors then car valet dropped it back on check out. Fab location for the whole city centre. Bit pricey but you pay for the cleanliness and then location

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Helen W,

Thank you for your great review!

Your great comments regarding your room, view, comfortable bed, team of staff, car valet parking service and location is amazing to receive- thank you!

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the City Hall clock throughout the night and for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to celebrate my fiancés birthday. The location was perfect for us to get around the city. We had the deluxe room in the summer sale at 113 pound for the room. It was a nice size room with a castle view so can't complain. The negatives however was it's wasn't very clean, the bathroom was full of dust and my fiancé found what looked like a boogie on the pillow case. I Also found the fact you had to pay £14.99 for wifi a little expensive to say the least. Overall for the Money paid I didn't find it very good value for money maybe your paying for location. On a plus note though my fiancé did have a cupcake with happy birthday on which was a nice touch.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank w_k_hinton

Dear W_K_Hinton

Thank you for great review and it was a pleasure to have you staying with us to celebrate your fiance's birthday and we are delighted you chose our Hotel- I am glad your partner enjoyed her cupcake.

I am glad you liked your deluxe room and view of the castle and location which is great to read.

I was shocked to read your comments about your room not being clean and bathroom being dusty and the cleanliness of your pillowcase and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have passed on your feedback to Executive Head Housekeeper as we have a very high standard of cleanliness and customer care here at the Hilton and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

I have also noted your feedback regarding our internet charge and I can confirm that we do offer complimentary internet in our executive lounge, business centre and lobby/bar area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Offered an upgrade when we arrived which we took up. Great room with lots of space. Upgrade included breakfast and access to the executive lounge. Free drinks and snacks all day with free bar between 6 and 8. Lovely lady attending at the lounge and a perfect place to relax (great views). Hotel is close to lots of attractions and transport. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can afford it. Can't really say what the other rooms are like but the room we stayed in was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for your amazing review which is great to receive!

You were very wise to select the upgrade as our executive rooms are our best rooms with access to our executive lounge which is so relaxing!

We just wish you could have stayed longer too! Look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Being a regular visitor of the hotel due to my work commitments, I am always made to feel very welcome by all of the staff there and they try their best always to ensure that all guests are happy.

Overall, the rooms regardless of what type you get are great and assuming the majority are visiting for leisure purposes. This hotel should more than meet everyone's needs. Location wise, this hotel couldn't be any better being in the heart of the city. Everything you need is within a five minute walk.

Very occasionally have I had dinner in the hotel but when I have, the food has been great. Would highly recommend the curries that are on offer.

The parking however is extortionate and whilst I understand this is probably as a result of the location, the £20 a day price is not merited at all. If the Hilton are going to charge that for a valet service, 1. I should not be waiting any longer than five minutes for my car to be driven to the front and 2. Upon returning with my car, I shouldn't be having to drive around for fifteen to twenty minutes just to wait for a space to free up outside the hotel. There were occasions were the only option was to park in the middle of the road outside the hotel. I did not feel comfortable with this idea at all. I feel that there should be more staff to deal with this during the rush hours.

Finally last point, whilst I get the Wi-Fi free as part of my business rate, the prices for a day's use are laughable. I work in the networking industry myself so I know what is value for money and what is bad. If the hotel is to charge this much, then high quality needs to be reflected in the high prices. There have been numerous times where I have been booted off every five minutes on a wireless device.

Other than this, I have had numerous comfortable stays here over the last two/three months and would definitely go back for leisure purposes.

Room Tip: If you are in a position to do so, book one of the exec rooms. The lounge is a great place to relax with some free light snacks and drinks after a day out.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RFCSG10

Dear RFCSG10,

Thank you for great review regarding our Hotel and I am glad you are made to feel welcome each time you return to us - it is great to have you with us!

Your comments regarding our rooms, location and staff are superb to receive and thank you for offering such great comments.

I have noted your disappointment with our car parking service and charge and unfortunately we lease our car park and do not own it so there will be a charge to all guests that use this service. At times our valet parking can become very busy especially at peak times and we do have limited space outside the Hotel as you mention. I will of course share your comments with our Front Of House Manager.

I have also noted your comments about our internet which is chargeable in all of our guest bedrooms and complimentary in our business centre, lobby and bar area and executive lounge.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again very soon.